NWR (T3E) in *cough* N

Rn@B.

As a side project I have collected Tomix Thomas the Tank for a little while even before children occurred. Now these are being augmented with some of my own projects.
Last year I completed a ‘Gordon’ from a Farish A3 with a 3 coach rake of repainted Minitrix ‘Teaks’ (they’d already suffered an average repaint to maroon) and a ‘Flying Scotsman’ with two tenders. The latter was finished on NYE 2019 and I purchased some Dapol ‘Teaks’ to run behind him. He can manage about 7 without slipping on the test track layout - a nominally 4’ diameter double track with a passing loop on each loop.
Last Christmas I was gifted a ‘Toby’ body and after a challenge to fit a motor chassis in it I got something working with a Union Mills tender drive. It languished whilst I worked on other things and lately I decided I really ought to complete another engine for this year. This ‘Toby’ was the easiest to get substantially complete since it only required some painting. My T3E engines do have faces so that is something to finish off. There is also the minor issue of what to do with the visible worms in the cabs and the visible lead sheet, adding much needed weight, in the side windows. Maybe some black paper?

I’m struggling to upload a picture... edit: seems not to work using Edge (iOS14)

Last edited:

Rn@B.

Here be the pictures. It seems that my default browser could well be the problem.

7AF8A971-B0C1-47E8-A85F-857CD7403F64.jpeg

13567321-7D11-4D8C-85E0-FD991B029AC7.jpeg

and finally one of the underside showing the adaptation of the Union Mills tender drive. These models use the ‘American’ system for pick up and traction tyres. With the loco side of pick up absent I have made a new keeper plate with skid pick ups (also to avoid the issue of what to do about the traction tyre wheels), which are not obvious with it being a tram engine.

4B163BFB-4C89-4F97-88B1-CA7E0FDA0AD7.jpeg

adrian

Flying Squad
Here be the pictures. It seems that my default browser could well be the problem.
Glad that's sorted and thanks for posting. I've just installed Edge browser on my phone to check and yes I see the same problem with uploading photos. Another one to troubleshoot!

Rn@B.

During a running session I took a photograph of the pacifics lined up on the far side where the loop sidings are.

7714CAED-0823-4F76-900C-02586961FC7F.jpeg

At the back, Flying Scotsman; middle, Gordon; front ‘Spencer’. The latter is straight from the box Dapol. It’s my son’s first scale model loco, given for his birthday. He hasn’t asked for a face on it yet but I have one stashed for if he does. As mentioned previously Gordon’s coaches are a mix of Trix and Dapol repainted in green and cream as per the television series. In the case of the Trix ones the second repaint they’ve received; it was clear the maroon I bought them in was not their original livery.