• IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2646.JPG
    IMG_2646.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 22

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Lovely Mike, especially the streamlined Duchesses. :thumbs: :thumbs: :bowdown: :bowdown: Whose kits do you know? I am still undecided as to blue or red for my David Andrews version.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

yes they are rather good - one is a DJH kit and the other is a Masterpiece RTR - I'll keep you guessing for a while. The little Wickham trolley and the Hospital shunter were good runners. My only 'involvement', was to have weathered 10000 - 10001 will be coming my way for similar treatment soon.

In the mean time, another couple of shots of the Duchess duo

Attachments

• IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2632.JPG
    IMG_2632.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 17

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike,
My guess is the red one is the Masterpiece rtr and the blue one is the DJH?
I like the weathering, LMS or not my good lady won't hear of diesels in our house :eek:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob'

you're right - collect the peanut on the way out - the wheel bosses give it away, difficult to disguise Slaters :eek:

cheers

Mike

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Now those two are some serious kettlery! Say what you like about that LNER rubbish but nothing compares to a Duchess, except maybe a Princess. If I ever felt ill and bought myself a steam train it would have to be one of those! In blue of course  :))

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
marsa69 said:
Now those two are some serious kettlery! Say what you like about that LNER rubbish but nothing compares to a Duchess, except maybe a Princess. If I ever felt ill and bought myself a steam train it would have to be one of those! In blue of course  :))

Hi Mark,

looks even better with the train behind it

Attachments

• IMG_2648.JPG
    IMG_2648.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 15

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Ressaldar said:
My only 'involvement', was to have weathered 10000 - 10001 will be coming my way for similar treatment soon.
:-[ Ooops, better be careful how I say this then... I was wondering if the 10000 actually really got that faded, especially with LMS on it's side?  :scratch:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Jordan said:
:-[ Ooops, better be careful how I say this then... I was wondering if the 10000 actually really got that faded, especially with LMS on it's side?  :scratch:

Could not agree more - whilst it was actually in LMS ownership - all 23 days of it (into traffic 08.12.47). On January 1st 1948 everything changed with the creation of British Railways and along with a good many ather locos, the BR images were not applied overnight, in fact it was well into 1951 when 10000 lost the LMS letters - when they were discovered under more than three years of (what a) State ownership dirt. There are quite a few photos of the loco in a worse state of weathering than I have applied to the model. ;) ;) ;)

cheers

Mike