New member from Kent.

Terry

Western Thunderer
Hello all, Terry here. Thank you for admitting me to your august circle.
Briefly, I have been railway modelling for many decades and have dabbled in many, but not all, of the smaller scales and gauges. Ironically, I have gone full circle and am now back in the 00 camp. With more modelling years behind than ahead of me, I don't see myself changing scale/gauge any time soon. I was the author of a ridiculously small 0 Gauge micro-layout (probably before that term was invented) called Halstead. An article was published in the Gauge 0 Guild Gazette and I have seen a number of similar layouts at shows since. I'm pleased that Halstead provided inspiration to those who thought that they had no room for a layout in 0 gauge. Currently, I have a cameo layout in 00, named Farleigh. This depicts a small country terminal station on the Southern Railway, circa early 1930's. Just a few details to add to the layout and weathering of locos and stock required. I am also nearing completion of a small plank layout, (actually more of a lolly stick than a plank!), measuring four feet by five and a half inches. In a previous incarnation, this small piece of mdf appeared in the Railway Modeller under the title 'Poppy Lane'. This had a roadside tramway theme. Recently, I removed all of the scenery and started again using the same piece of mdf. This time the 'layout' (if it could be called that), named 'London Road Sidings' will depict a small yard with diesel refeulling-point, in an urban setting. I could be persuaded to start threads on any of the above layouts if anyone is interested. My other interests, other than the Southern Railway are British Railways (Transition Period) and constructing buildings from card. I'm particularly interested in the models of John H. Ahern and have constructed a few from his designs.

Best wishes to all and hope to be conversing with you soon.

Terry

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Welcome from me also, yes please do post pictures of your work. Card work is also interesting regardless of whether it’s buildings or rolling stock.

Michael

James Spooner

Western Thunderer
Welcome to WT. Although I have only been a member for eighteen months I have found it a very warm, welcoming and supportive community. I hope you find the same too.

Nigel

Greengiant

Western Thunderer
Hello all, Terry here. Thank you for admitting me to your august circle.
Briefly, I have been railway modelling for many decades and have dabbled in many, but not all, of the smaller scales and gauges. Ironically, I have gone full circle and am now back in the 00 camp. With more modelling years behind than ahead of me, I don't see myself changing scale/gauge any time soon. I was the author of a ridiculously small 0 Gauge micro-layout (probably before that term was invented) called Halstead. An article was published in the Gauge 0 Guild Gazette and I have seen a number of similar layouts at shows since. I'm pleased that Halstead provided inspiration to those who thought that they had no room for a layout in 0 gauge. Currently, I have a cameo layout in 00, named Farleigh. This depicts a small country terminal station on the Southern Railway, circa early 1930's. Just a few details to add to the layout and weathering of locos and stock required. I am also nearing completion of a small plank layout, (actually more of a lolly stick than a plank!), measuring four feet by five and a half inches. In a previous incarnation, this small piece of mdf appeared in the Railway Modeller under the title 'Poppy Lane'. This had a roadside tramway theme. Recently, I removed all of the scenery and started again using the same piece of mdf. This time the 'layout' (if it could be called that), named 'London Road Sidings' will depict a small yard with diesel refeulling-point, in an urban setting. I could be persuaded to start threads on any of the above layouts if anyone is interested. My other interests, other than the Southern Railway are British Railways (Transition Period) and constructing buildings from card. I'm particularly interested in the models of John H. Ahern and have constructed a few from his designs.

Best wishes to all and hope to be conversing with you soon.

Terry
Hi Terry,
Small world!
Martin (ex ODMRS)

Terry

Western Thunderer
Thank you all for your kind replies.

Hello Martin. It certainly is!

Terry (Probably soon to be ex-ODMRS!)

Martin Shaw

Western Thunderer
Welcome Terry and Martin. If ODMRS stands for what I think it does then briefly I was also a member something over 50 years ago. I suspect anyone I knew then is sadly long gone.
Regards
Martin