7mm Network Southeast Welcome To Shaftesbury

• Thread starter Darren Johnson
  • Start date
D

Darren Johnson

Nice but it's a bit too clean for NSE they didn't take care of anything

Cheers iploffy, no offence taken ;)

I know what you mean about the condition of some of the NSE stock but to be honest there was some mint condition locos that use to run on the West of England line, also our local station was a stunning site back in 1990 under control of NSE but the state of it now :mad: so it was not all doom and gloom but point taken.

The loco will in due coarse be getting a very light dusting of grime but this will be a very light dusting :thumbs:

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

D

Darren Johnson

Great looking 50 Darren the builder has made a cracking job of it :cool::cool::cool::thumbs:........makes nice change to see a proper brass diesel too rather than the usual JLTRT stuff :)

Cheers Phill :thumbs:

Yes that old brass kit still makes a nice looking specimen of a class 50 :cool: I am over the moon with her :thumbs:

Cheers Darren NSE DAZ

D

Darren Johnson

Well it could be Ex-Works, chaps...:rolleyes: If I'd spent my Hard-Earned on a commission-built loco with DCC and all the gizmos, I'd be reluctant to weather it as well..... I'm no fan of NSE liveries at all, but I think the loco looks very smart.
So there.:p :D

Hi Jordan, you got it spot on :thumbs: this loco will be Ex-works, the reason I did not want to weather this loco from day one is as you say when you part with a wedge of cash you kind of want a clean looking machine, I know this may not be always realistic but for now she will do :cool: at a later stage a light weathering to the undercarriage will be applied :thumbs:

A smart looking 47573 :cool: must be Ex-works
47573date068612.jpg

D

Darren Johnson

Hi all,

Just a quick update with my class 205 :cool:

I can confirm that I now have 1 half with me at Shaftesbury the second half will be with me this Sunday ;)

I have taken a couple of pictures of this unit, the first three are of the motor unit of the 205 that I will collect this week end I managed to snap a couple of shots when I visited Leavesden last weekend, the motor unit is almost complete just waiting for some additional work to be carried out on the electrics and she will be mine :)

The first pictures of the motor unit shows the dummy Thumper motor though the window :cool:

008-42.jpg

007-41.jpg

The units single exhaust pod

011-39.jpg

These pictures are of the trailer section I have with me at Shaftesbury. :cool:

Front lights on (You can just make out the lit up head code)

004-54.jpg

006-51.jpg

012-29.jpg

The rear red light blanking plate lit up

020-16.jpg

015-26.jpg

Hope you all like more on this soon, ;)

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I spent a happy hour in Shaston yesterday.... cream tea in the cafe at the top of Gold Hill and other tourist activities. One thing puzzles me.... nowhere could I find a station let alone hear the resounding boom of a Thumper.

Come on Sir, where is your station to be found in the town?

regards, Graham

D

Darren Johnson

I spent a happy hour in Shaston yesterday.... cream tea in the cafe at the top of Gold Hill and other tourist activities. One thing puzzles me.... nowhere could I find a station let alone hear the resounding boom of a Thumper.

Come on Sir, where is your station to be found in the town?

regards, Graham

Hi Graham,

:)) :)) I live a stone's throw away from Gold Hill if I known you was around I would have cranked her over for you, I am certain the tourist only visit Shaftesbury to listen out for the sound of the Thumper :cool:

I hope you enjoyed your visit, the Cafe in question is called the Salt Cellar always packed there :thumbs:

D

Darren Johnson

Very nice Darren:bowdown:. The headcode and high intensity headlight look superb. Look forward to the pics of both parts to the unit together:thumbs:.

Rob

Cheers Rob,

Yes I think she is a beauty, I must admitt I think I will be adding a centre car to her now :thumbs: saving funds as we speak!!!

D

Darren Johnson

Hi all,

Just a little update, Duncan the guy who has joined me in this venture has sent across some first sample pictures of the first mock up of our new creation the 442 Wessex in it's first coat of primer :cool: We still need to sand it back a little in places and add the odd bit of filler to a few areas, but so far the first impressions are good :thumbs:

We plan to have a large fleet of 442's at Shaftesbury so with the first unit starting to take shape I am very positive that in the near futre the 442's will be a force to be reckoned with ;)

I will post more up with this build as things progress, below a couple of images......

4421Dunc.png

442Dunc.png

More soon,

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
WOW :thumbs: Daz who's kit is that, looks sweet. If it's scratch built as your mate to take some pictures of the build process please.:bowdown: