Full Size NBL Type 2 (Class 21/22/29)

taliesin

Western Thunderer
Apparently the statement will now be issued Tuesday the 14th. Anyone have the 22 book yet? Also if anyone here subscribes to Celebrating Western Power or Diesel Hydraulics Illustrated what is the latest issue number you have? cheers Rob

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

I subscribe to both and the last issues are Western Power issue 13 and Diesel Hydraulics Illustrated issue 8:thumbs:

Although i haven't ordered the Class 22 book i am waiting for Westerns vol 3 and Winds of Change 73.

I have also just ordered 3 out of the 4 Western books which are to be published this year ( his last railway books i believe ).

Rob

taliesin

Western Thunderer
Rob, i have issue 13 of Western Power but my latest copy of Diesel Hydraulics Illustrated is 9 and both of these arrived an age a go. Suggest you chase up issue 9,
I would dearly love to order some of the latest books advertised but i am holding off until they sort themselves out one way or another, best regards, Rob

taliesin

Western Thunderer
A statement has been posted, it appears that three books inc the Class 22 book and several magazines should all be out and delivered by the end of February. The magazines will run on just to finish the current subscriptions and the final four advertised books will be published during the year and that appears to be that.
Good news in the short term but a shame that its all coming to an end, cheers everyone, Rob

daifly

Western Thunderer
Yawn...... We've been here so many times over the 18 months.
Quote: 'The final four books will be produced one by one and I will provide details of which is first when I have designed it.'
These are presumably the same books that were 'at the printers', being 'collected from the printers at the end of the week', etc. etc.
I'll hang on in hope for the Class 22 book, but the three booklets I have on order I'm cancelling. All were ordered and paid for in October 2012. Frankly, this has been a very amateurish operation. Some of the output has been very good but perhaps publishing and authoring do not necessarily go together.
Dave

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Yawn...... We've been here so many times over the 18 months.
Quote: 'The final four books will be produced one by one and I will provide details of which is first when I have designed it.'
These are presumably the same books that were 'at the printers', being 'collected from the printers at the end of the week', etc. etc.
I'll hang on in hope for the Class 22 book, but the three booklets I have on order I'm cancelling. All were ordered and paid for in October 2012. Frankly, this has been a very amateurish operation. Some of the output has been very good but perhaps publishing and authoring do not necessarily go together.
Dave

I would tend to agree with your sentiments, I ordered 'Tribute to the Hymeks' when it was published (bout seven years ago?)......I'm still waiting!!!:rolleyes:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
just in from the workshop to find that the postie has left mine - I have made a mug of coffee and am now settling down for a skim through - first thoughts, looks good.

cheers

Mike

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
My copy arrived today, too. :)
And I too am going to settle down for a read, although as the sun is now over the yard-arm I doubt that I'll be drinking coffee . . . :thumbs:

Ian

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Pleased to hear that finally people are getting there books.:thumbs:

This must mean they will be onto the next book for posting which im waiting for.

taliesin

Western Thunderer
Sorry for posting on an old thread but has anyone had anything from Western Legacy recently? there is mention on the site of three magazines being at the publishers (June) but I have not received them. Not answering phone or emails either, cheers Rob

Alfa male

Sorry for posting on an old thread but has anyone had anything from Western Legacy recently? there is mention on the site of three magazines being at the publishers (June) but I have not received them. Not answering phone or emails either, cheers Rob

I'm in the same boat. Ordered a book in June, money went from bank account instantly. No book yet and emails being ignored. To anyone thinking of ordering from WL: Don't!

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Yes and me. I am still awaiting a copy of Diesel Hydraulics Illustrated issue 9 which has been out a while:confused: Sent an email to say send it along with my copies of DHI 10 and Western Power when they are ready for depatch. Heard nothing. :mad:

I have also ordered and paid for 3 out of 4 of the Western Books to be released 2014 ( not long left of this year ) and im still waiting for Westerns vol 3 plus a re-fund of £12 for the cancellation of booklet Westerns which they decided there wasn't enough people ordered so pulled the plug on it.:rant:

They are supposed to be sending a letter out to everyone but not yet received .

Hope this gets sorted soon. But i wont be ordering anything else.

Rob

Alfa male

I sent a fourth reminder email, asking for the book I ordered in June to be sent or the money refunded. The website says the Class 22 book is printed to order. Like the previous three emails it was ignored. The website has been promising an "important announcement" for some time, most recently it was to appear on Oct 23rd. As on several previously announced dates, nothing happened. The contact email address has now been removed from the website and there are no phone contact details. It still refers to a mountain of a backlog being cleared, but no indication of how long this will take. In any event, with such small numbers of books published, (I think the print run of the Class 22 book was 50 initially), how big a mountain can there be? I tried to file a transaction dispute with Paypal, but they won't follow it up because the transaction was more than 45 days ago. Even so it is recorded by Paypal as a dispute with the company, (well actually with Adrian Curtis whose Paypal account it is) so it may be worth other people doing the same just to highlight the issues. It's an easy process on the Paypal website. If you have ordered something from WL in the last 45 days and not received it, I strongly advise you to file a dispute via Paypal now while you are within the time limit for doing so. I'm more and more inclined to believe I will not see the book, and am pondering my next move, (Small Claims Court? Advertising Standards Authority?) If Sam or Adrian Curtis would like to respond, I'd be delighted to hear from them.

taliesin

Western Thunderer
New message on Western Legacy yesterday, no more magazines and ordering suspended on books. Another promise of a letter and forthcoming refunds, pure speculation on my part is that someone got tired of the various promises and went to Trading Standards or the Small Claims Court.
A shame as it was a good resource but if you take people's money you gotta deliver, folks only put up with (broken) promises and intemperate website statements for only so long, regards to all, Rob

Alfa male

I'm still hoping I'll either get the book or my money back, but Sam Lucas is not rushing to do either. "Intemperate website statements". That's a polite way of putting it Rob! He certainly doesn't seem to have grasped that there might be a connection between his taking people's money, then failing to deliver and refusing to communicate, and the customer getting annoyed.

taliesin

Western Thunderer
It's Sam Curtis, not Lucas. It appears that since taking over from his father some fifteen months a go all he has managed to get out is the Class 22 book which was due anyway. Strange that three issues of Diesel Hydraulic Illustrated have been on the website since June and claimed to be at the printers have suddenly disappeared, don't expect to see young Sam on "The Apprentice" in the near future, cheers Rob