MOK recommended wheels and motors

daifly

Western Thunderer
A discussion regarding wheels for an MOK kit reminded me that I have a list, acquired several years ago from Dave Sharp, listing the recommended wheels and motors for his range of MOK kits. I thought that it might be of use/interest to others.
Dave

Attachments

• MOK Wheel and motor List.pdf
    259.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

daifly

Western Thunderer
For S7 modellers, the S7 Stores has all of the S7 wheels required for the Stanier 8F, the GWR 64/74xx, BR Standard 4 tank. Also available are the BR Std 4 2-6-0 tender and pony, Ivatt 2-6-0 tender and pony and the Armstrong bogie and tender. The bogie and tender wheels for the forthcoming BR Std 4 4-6-0 are also stocked. The Slater's/MOK wheel types are prefixed with S and the wheel designation 7839BR is S7839ST in the S7 Stores.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
A discussion regarding wheels for an MOK kit reminded me that I have a list, acquired several years ago, from Dave Sharp listing the recommended wheels and motors for his range of MOK kits. I thought that it might be of use/interest to others.
Dave
Timely and interesting, the ABC MOK1 for the King Arthur no longer appears available from ABC.

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
For S7 modellers, the S7 Stores has all of the S7 wheels required for the Stanier 8F, the GWR 64/74xx, BR Standard 4 tank. Also available are the BR Std 4 2-6-0 tender and pony, Ivatt 2-6-0 tender and pony and the Armstrong bogie and tender. The bogie and tender wheels for the forthcoming BR Std 4 4-6-0 are also stocked. The Slater's/MOK wheel types are prefixed with S and the wheel designation 7839BR is S7839ST in the S7 Stores.

The only problem with the Standard 4 4-6-0 is that there may not be an S7 version unfortunately. This came up in conversation last Wednesday and relates to the firebox and cylinders. I did suggest a S7 option pack but Dave has to consider the economics and how many sales it may garner.

Ian

Overseer

Western Thunderer
The Standard 4 4-6-0 is one loco which really needs to be built in S7 to look right. The wheels are definitely on display. In 'finescale' too many of the visible bits would need to be compromised. Here are some pics I took earlier (1997 trip to Kyle of Lochalsh) showing how visible the driving wheels are.
Kyle line 1997 d.jpg
Kyle line 1997 e.jpg
Kyle line 1997 f.jpg