Mk1 Resources And Parts

Bob Reid

Western Thunderer
Most Mk1's fitted with B4 / B5 Bogies retained friction dampers throughout their lives Graham - The only exceptions I'm aware of are the odd postal vehicles that were fitted with hydraulic dampers in later conversions. Wholesale use on coaching stock was pretty much confined to the Mk2f's in the early 70s and later builds.

Al Tait

Western Thunderer
Having read through this (invaluable) thread again this morning, another question from me (there will probably be many as I work through my kits). Are the headstocks for the EZB CW bogies available to purchase? I could do with a number of them.

Al Tait

Western Thunderer
Just seen your posts on FB Phil, £1 a coach I'm in!! I'll need enough for 10 coaches, but probably have a few spares for future projects. Just let me know how to order/pay!

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
What would really set these bogies off is if someone could make some type of dummy brake shoes for them. There are a lot of coach kits out there that have no form of brake gear at all, I don't know what the rest of you guys think but that really grates on me, especially in 7mm where the detail stands out more.

Martyn.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
What would really set these bogies off is if someone could make some type of dummy brake shoes for them. There are a lot of coach kits out there that have no form of brake gear at all, I don't know what the rest of you guys think but that really grates on me, especially in 7mm where the detail stands out more.

Martyn.
I'l looking at it. The kit has brake shoes with it, just wondering if I can make a better job.

Al Tait

Western Thunderer
My plan is to try and hang the brakes off those headstocks when I've got them. Will see how I get on, more research to do I think!

Al Tait

Western Thunderer
OK, so I am back here again now I'm re-starting my MK1's. Now between vehicles I am happy to position the easybuild buffer heads in the retracted position and am using kadee's, however on the end vehicles I think it would be nice to have some decent buffers complete with collars and chain's. Does anyone know of a supplier, I'm sure I found some but now can't find it!