Missenden Abbey, Modelling weekend.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
I spent last weekend on the loco building course at Missenden Abbey. I found it to be very useful, you're left to work at your own pace, but if you hit a snag or are a bit unsure then help is at hand. There was some good banter with the other members in the room.

In addition to this, there were various demonstrations on other subjects, like 3d printing, painting and lining, etc.

I started the chassis for a Martin Finney Aberdare, which will have CSB (continuous springy beam) suspension. I thought that this would be well outside my comfort zone, but it went well, except on Sunday morning, I hit my first snag, which was how to fit the spring wire, the answer came from another of the course members who was building a Churchward Models 45xx, there's a hole in the spacer, that is marked, but not mentioned in the destructions that need drilling. The inner frames and spacers are nearly ready for soldering up.

The food and accommodation was excellent.

Gilbert

I spent last weekend on the loco building course at Missenden Abbey. I found it to be very useful, you're left to work at your own pace, but if you hit a snag or are a bit unsure then help is at hand. There was some good banter with the other members in the room.

In addition to this, there were various demonstrations on other subjects, like 3d printing, painting and lining, etc.

I started the chassis for a Martin Finney Aberdare, which will have CSB (continuous springy beam) suspension. I thought that this would be well outside my comfort zone, but it went well, except on Sunday morning, I hit my first snag, which was how to fit the spring wire, the answer came from another of the course members who was building a Churchward Models 45xx, there's a hole in the spacer, that is marked, but not mentioned in the destructions that need drilling. The inner frames and spacers are nearly ready for soldering up.

The food and accommodation was excellent.
Thanks Phil
All comments are appreciated and I'm glad you enjoyed your first "Missenden".
If I can be a bit cheeky and hijack your thread .......Booking is open for our Summer Retreat:
and we are currently working on the courses for the Autumn weekend...

Chris Hopper