7mm Millicent Street

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Dan, as the one who painted all the figures on the layout, they were done a good few years back before Modelu were on the scene. There are a few of the Modelu figures to go on the layout (mainly loco crews).

Jeff
Hi Jeff

It hadn’t occurred to me that the figures might have been knocking around for a while… I can’t fault the painting on them, but look forward to seeing the results on some Modelu figures in due course. :)

Regards

Dan

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Modelu figures are probably the best of the bunch by quite a long way.
They're very good, but technology moves on, and these full-colour printed figures from WestEdge3D in Australia are even better, I think. In fact they're almost too good, as they show up the rest of my mediocre modelling!!
20230722_210110.jpg

20230722_210222.jpg

I think the figures on Millicent Street are still good, though, and help tell a story in each little cameo. Quite a few seem to be partial to a mug of tea :) There's none in those awful "frozen action" poses like running for a train, so beloved of firms like Preiser.
Also, here we are looking at cruel camera photos. At an Exhibition, you aren't going to see them nearly so close up.

Last edited:

Rippers

Western Thunderer
Hi Jeff

It hadn’t occurred to me that the figures might have been knocking around for a while…

Regards

Dan

Quite a lot of the smaller details like figures were acquired and started very early on in the project.

The layout appears to be coming together rapidly now, pretty much thanks to the fact that most of what is appearing on it has already been completed and kept in storage for some time.

The months and years of lockdown, which separated us and forced a major change in the way we worked as a group, were not wasted either.
Many of the components that go into the layouts scenics ranging from large structures that make up the factories of the backdrop to the smallest of details (such as a fully working extension ladder) were created by individuals from the group in that time. Working on well away from each other and where the layout lives.

Hence, it is now assembling like a colourful 3d jigsaw (with no picture to work from and only a vague idea what it might finish up looking like).

Greengiant

Western Thunderer
Don’t know how I missed this, just spent an enjoyable couple of hours reading through the thread.
Very nicely done, weathering is my favourite part of the hobby.
Martin