Lovely Link

adrian

Flying Squad
What a fantastic set of albums, not just the photo's but so many have wonderfully detailed and evocative comments
From
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone_with_regret/6200875542/in/set-72157627877375660/
Imagine... The sound of a stream rushing over the rocky falls near Talerddig Farm makes a steady back ground to spring birdsong on a calm, golden, evening. In the distance away down the valley, dogs start barking as the evening goods train, hardly heard as yet, toils slowly up the valley towards Talerddig, a motor cycle drones down on the main road and away under the railway bridge as the train plods steadily on, now rounding the curve and coming into view headed by a Manor with at the rear another Manor giving banking assistance Climbs steadily past in a cutting and heads the train away under a bridge. Now passing through a deep rock cutting, whistles a warning to the signalman as the engine blasts past at the rear of the long train, the sounds of the two engines and the train echo back from the wooded hillside as the farm dog comes barking defensively down the lane as in the distance the train slows to a stop in Talerddig station.

and then this one
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone_with_regret/6223612057/in/set-72157627877375660
If steam engines could be football mangers then surely Hinton Manor should be called the special one.
I have heard on many occasions from different enginemen who had the privilege to drive and fire this locomotive the same affectionate tales on how she would steam on burning rags or a my favourite quote "put that F****** shovel down" the engine being a spectacularly good steamer.
She was held in such high regard by the crews of Oswestry that she remained allocated to the shed for 20 years before being allocated to Shrewsbury in 1963

The Cambrian in colour album is a real treasure trove but I must ask what colour is this Western?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone_with_regret/6218665380/in/set-72157627877375660/

S

Simon Dunkley

The Cambrian in colour album is a real treasure trove but I must ask what colour is this Western?
WOM.
Was Once Maroon.

It is the correct colour for a wom-bat, of course...

Neil

Western Thunderer
Did you get to this one then?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone_with_regret/6276958803/in/set-72157627877375660

ISTR a model along those lines, way back... .

No I didn't Ian, not unnaturally I concentrated on the images of the coast line and skimmed through the inland sets. Let me also congratulate you on your memory, I indeed built a model of what must be one of BR's smelliest wagons.

full of ..it.jpg

It came together before I had the interweb to help with 'research' (ha!) the inspiration coming from drawing and photos in Model Railways for Feb '77. As is painfully obvious the lettering is cobbled together from bits and pieces of various Modelmaster sheets, the remains resembling a newspaper after a ransom demand has been concocted. I must have tired of such jiggery pokery by the time the numbering was done as I settled for something near rather than the exact number given in the article. The wagon itself came from the Cooper Craft GWR four plank open, to which I added the diagonal strapping.

Neil

Western Thunderer
Something bad has happened; I thought I'd dip in to the photos again only to find that 'I don't have permission to view this photo'. I've spent a few minutes pondering how to get in touch with whoever is behind Gone With Regret, but I'm stumped. B*gg*r.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Something bad has happened; I thought I'd dip in to the photos again only to find that 'I don't have permission to view this photo'. I've spent a few minutes pondering how to get in touch with whoever is behind Gone With Regret, but I'm stumped. B*gg*r.

Basically who ever owns that Flickr site has blocked that image, or indeed all his images except those people who are friends, to become a friend you need to a, own a Flickr site, b, contact him asking to be his friend, then he can choose or not choose to let you in, even then there are friends and friends, so becoming a friend does not automatically gain you access to said image. Some people don't like their images banded about or are for family/ private use only (one does then have to question why they are hosted on a public site?).

Some people deny you a right click save as, you can look but you cannot collect, a poor attempt at stopping copyright, anyone with any PC savy at all knows that any image viewed on your screen (and many more you probably don't realize you collect with each browsing session) in Windows IE, Google Chrome and Firefox (a little different but not insurmountable) is saved to your cache or temp files and a quick 30 second view in there will find the image already saved on your PC!.

Finally, if you have the time to police the whole internet and any published material that might contain your work, then you really should not post it in the first place, I know how little is gained from published material.

Others like myself let everyone have everything and rack up the counts, count junkies in reality :).

Kindest