Louville Lane Cameo

Alan

Western Thunderer
Rather like Chrisb, "Cessy-en-Bois", my mojo took a bit of a knock on receiving my email from Simon, and I too had a period of reflection and introspection. The Lane was so close, a weeks slow work at most, to being finished that I wondered whether to carry on, considering I am already beginning to work on another project. However as I am so close to finishing I have decided to get it done.
The list of jobs:
1. Get frame and roof cut. painted and fitted
2. Get name Louville Lane printed and placed on upper fascia.
3. Buy lights and get them fitted.

That basically will be it, I'm not sure about further detailing even.

When all that is done I will do a final?? photo shoot, at least for the time being and then concentrate on the new O gauge project

What I will be interested in is the feed back we have been promised and to see if what I think are the strong points is what the judges think, and what I can see may be weak points are what they consider weak points. Let's hope we do not have to wait too long for it.

Alan

Western Thunderer
A bit of wait but I was sourcing some decent ply for the fascia and then getting it cut accurately, Luckily my local boat builder did it using 4mm ply.

So here is the bottom fascia and wings in an unpainted state. the roof is cut as is the proscenium arch. All have received a couple of coats of paint in the last couple of days. and in the next couple of days will be fitted. The holes are where the point operating switches are.

fascia unpainted..JPG

Simpas

Western Thunderer
Alan,

I echo Tony's sentiments.

I know the feedback will be valuable for everyone but I firmly believe the competition entrants will be getting approaches from exhibition managers up and down the country. There are certainly entries I've seen here that I most certainly would like to see in the flesh, yours being amongst them. One thing is certain I have been inspired by the friendly atmosphere in which the Western Thunder entries have co-existed and I look forward to meeting as many as possible at Railex, finalists or not, and thereafter.

I look forward to seeing the results of your photo shoot.

Mick S.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
A bit of wait but I was sourcing some decent ply for the fascia and then getting it cut accurately, Luckily my local boat builder did it using 4mm ply.

And someone has a layout fascia hole in the side of their boat :) !

By accident or design, Alan, the lighting in your last photo reminds me of a sultry summer evening waiting for a thunderstorm to commence.

Alan

Western Thunderer
A little more work done on the fascia and proscenium, now all painted, the fascia still needs fixing in place and I am awaiting the signage and lights.

fascia 1.jpg

fascia 2.jpg

I remembered to take the tub of screws away for the second shot. Hopefully when it is lit with its own lights the shadows on the wings will disappear.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Looks very nice Alan.

I like the way the lower panel seems to invite you to 'peer' over the embankment into the yard below.

Top stuff.

Rob.

Alan

Western Thunderer
The Lane is now just about finished, signage added and lights £ one metre strips of LEDs, 2 cool white and 1 warm white.

facsia 1.jpg

Fascia 2.jpg

As promised I took a few photos. This time of some of my various Warships. They have been rather missing from recent snaps, I seem mainly to have concentrated on the Westerns.

bulldog.jpg

warship 1.jpg

warship 2.jpg

warship 3.jpg

warships 4.jpg

and a final one of the parcels platform

platform 1.jpg

Alan

Western Thunderer
Some more photos from "The Lane".

Hymeck D7o54 pulls into "The Lane" with the oil train, obviously the headboard has not been altered since its last duty, an express from the north.

Hymeck oil.jpg

passing Cl 43 D835 Pegasus which has just been refuelled.
Cl 43 and Hymeck.jpg

Pegasus has moved into the headshunt prior to departure which looking at the headboards will be a local parcels train.
pegasus.jpg

Alan

Western Thunderer
With the baseboards for my new O gauge layout being collected on Friday, I now have to think seriously what to do with Louville Lane as I do not have the space in the railway room to have both erected at the same time. I could possibly store it on end or in the garage or sell it. I am open to offers.

Simpas

Western Thunderer
Alan,

Thanks for the enjoyment of watching Louville Lane take shape and I'm sure the new owner will be delighted with it.

'O' gauge? A bit big and chunky for me (although I did fancy a Dapol 08 in BR blue but I soon recovered and got back to my 2mil

It's a broad church so enjoy it... all the best,

Mick S.