Lost DCC instructions

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
The handy, simplified guide to programming locos using the Roco Multimaus seems to be have a victim of Roco's upgrade policy and an internet search reveals redundant links. Even worse, I once published an idiot's guide to the Multimaus on 'the other place' but again, no longer found.

IMG_0144_800.jpg

Lucklily most Pottendorf's locos have been chipped and programmed BUT one notable model has been chipped but the value of CV1 was NOT entered in 'the list' (silly me) and trying to re-programme the decoder without the handy, simplified guide to programming is proving to be beyond my skillset.

Any help will be gratefully received

Tim

Last edited:

PaxtonP4

Western Thunderer
The handy, simplified guide to programming locos using the Roco Multimaus seems to be have a victim of Roco's upgrade policy and an internet search reveals redundant links. Even worse, I once published an idiot's guide to the Multimaus on 'the other place' but again, no longer found.

View attachment 223752

Lucklily most Pottendorf's locos have been chipped and programmed BUT one notable model has been chipped but the value of CV1 was NOT entered in 'the list' (silly me) and trying to re-programme the decoder without the handy, simplified guide to programming is proving to be beyond my skillset.

Any help will be gratefully received

Tim
Use JMRI - Decoder Pro

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Hi,

Everything now works, I have created a page that truly is an idiot's guide to the multimaus

When I began using DCC, it was either Lenz Compact or their 100 Set neither of which were even remotely glitch-free or intuitive. A recommedation from Herr Lenz at Dortmund was to switch to the Multimaus handset and I have yet to find a glitch-free, ergonomically perfect system that is comparable on price and reliabilty.
The set on use on P'Dorf has a stable power supply* from a Lenz system whilst the diorama uses a Roco wallwart power supply which Roco were giving away at Dortmund. Both have Fleischmann branded handsets which no one wanted (exactly the same as Roco) and they are a doddle to use.
Happy days

*sourced from a laboratory

Last edited:
As always it's horses for courses. The Roco multimouse works ok but feels rather toy like and cheap. the Lenz LH 101R is my dream come true and is as far as I know glitch free and intuitive. But if others prefer other systems that's good freedom of choice.

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
'Rather toy like and cheap' that's odd, the words that I would chose to describe the Lenz range with the added words 'but expensive'

However it is personal preference and I chose the de facto choice of most operators at Dortmund, however that was throughout the past twenty or so years, things have moved on.

Tim

Last edited: