7mm Layouts and Dioramas by Stephen Fay, including Pontycwm, Newton Mills and St Stephens Bank

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Box was collected this morning so it’s time to start a new project, not quite sure what the brief is just yet but the client was adamant they wanted the same pair of buildings I used on Kemys Fawr a few years back
so here they are, Superb kits from Intentio designs, don’t take long to assemble it’s the paint process that takes ages!

IMG_6521.jpegIMG_6523.pngIMG_6523.png

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
New GW shed project underway, Pontycwm 6’ x2’ my dad started it and there’s a coal stage and shed building to go with it, I’m removing the Peco track and home made pits to replace with C&L track and Intentio pits, a few Intentio lineside buildings will also be added. IMG_6549.jpeg
Intentio sleepers going down, I’ve decided to extend the retaining wall around IMG_6554.jpegIMG_6555.jpeg
This little building is in for another job but I think I’ll add one here as well as my booking on point. Trees will go up behind the new wall for some elevation.

Last edited:

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
The Torcombe board is back at home with me for scenics. This is the board that Bolts onto the front of the layout making it a T shape, it’s purpose is to break up the viewing angle and force you to move around the layout opening up lots of differing view points. So the angle we are looking at now will not really be possible once it’s bolted in place.IMG_6663.pngIMG_6664.pngIMG_6662.png
The only flat point on this board is the track bed