7mm Layouts and Dioramas by Stephen Fay, including Pontycwm, Newton Mills and St Stephens Bank

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Planting bushes today from the excellent Polak range along with some stone wall painting, I’m using a combo of foam board and slaters. Usual grey base with a rough black and brown spray with a few grey washes and today some of the same colours I’ve used on the rock work. This will be sealed tomorrow for a few more washes to be added. IMG_6053.jpegIMG_6052.jpegIMG_6051.jpegIMG_6054.jpeg
One of the superb MBR autumnal Birch trees planted IMG_6056.jpegIMG_6055.jpeg

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Fixed the final piece of fascia this morning and gave it all a coat of chalk board black.
Then it’s on to the resin pour, I mixed up two batches the first with a green tint the second with a brown and poured it straight over the green. I had to tilt the board to get the resin to flow under the bridge and this blended the two colours together nicely. Once set I’ll add some mod Podge glossy to simulate ripples IMG_6094.pngIMG_6095.pngIMG_6096.png

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Steve,

On my layout Pottery Quay, I put down the turnout timbers and put a very small dab of white paint where each rail went on the timber and then ballasted with ash, I then put the chaired rail down, the chairs covered up the white paint. The most important part was ensuring that the crossing V assembly is correct, gauging the other rails from the crossing assembly.