Johns LNWR gallery

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Larry, that's a lovely looking coach and a foretaste of your skills, in an era when there were far fewer accurate models and kits about. Indeed, every class of LMS or BR standard loco could be built by hacking a Triang Princess about and adding plasticard or laminated manilla envelope material to make replacement parts. Thank goodness we've moved on from that.
Dave.

The smokebox in the kit is pretty well thought out. Except that the rivets come further down than they should. Larry got it right.
Just to clarify for history, my late friend Geoff Holt built the loco. I only painted it. :)

Re boiler bands, I had a arrangement with some clients that they do not fit boiler bands, as I would add them at the painting stage, including the blank ones on fireboxes etc.

Mike W

Western Thunderer
I didn't realise you painted Goff Holt's Gauge 1 models Larry. They are very well done. Pity they are now dispersed all over the country, but I guess it had to happen.

Mike

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Thanks for that picture Mike. Its lovely and I'm guessing it was taken towards the end of his life? We lost touch when I stopped painting, then when I planned to call in on him, I got a phonecall saying he had just passed away. We met in the 1970's when he was teaching in Boston.

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Very nice models John, sorry I clicked "liked" for the 2013 posts!
Hope all is well and you are not overheating in the Spanish heat?
Lovely coaches.
All the best
Julian