It's been awhile

bogusman

Western Thunderer
The kit is a Malcolm Mitchell but a lot of extra detail had to be made for the cab (codensing coil, sanding leavers and battery box are just a few). The tender also had a lot of extra detail added underneath.

Pete

bogusman

Western Thunderer
Funny enough while going through one of my kit boxes last week I came across a M&L conversion kit for the mainline body

Pete

bogusman

Western Thunderer
Will post crank and eccentrics of a finney collett goods as I am starting to finish it. I am now off the medication after silver soldering the crank axle:drool::drool:

Pete

Mr Grumpy

Western Thunderer
That’s astonishing! I have the Lionheart mogul and your loco looks on a par with that one!
Ps...I used to be an engineer at the old Reading gasworks, it was a great place to explore. There was even a rusting warship stored there!

bogusman

Western Thunderer
The warship would of been greyhound that colin massingham owned/part owned as he used to be the owner of MTK models in Slough as this used to be my local model shop. Thanks for the comments. On the collett goods I have got the lever reverser to work so the actual links drop I am quite pleased with it.

Reactions: AJC

Peter Cross

Western Thunderer
That’s astonishing! I have the Lionheart mogul and your loco looks on a par with that one!
Ps...I used to be an engineer at the old Reading gasworks, it was a great place to explore. There was even a rusting warship stored there!

Never saw any warship there, but used to go there with my dad to get coke sometimes.

Peter Cross

Western Thunderer
Ah I saw those, didn't twig it was the gas works. Was there not a sand one there or nearby Mid late 70's.

Sorry for High jack too.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
There I was hoping someone would post a picture of something grey with HMS on it;)
Just for you, Simon:
d441ae854d6781aa9355a4020f4f

Of course, it may not be quite what you had in mind...? :D

Steph