Hi From Lincolnshire

Hi Ladies and Gents from sunny Lincolnshire. Much as I enjoy looking at 'O' gauge models I'm afraid I will be limited in my input as my layout is 'OO' gauge. I'm sure I am not the only one who has wished they had planned a little better and built an 'O' gauge layout!

Anyway I can enjoy looking at the modelleing on here and chipping in occasionally.

Rob R

Western Thunderer
Welcome aboard Bunkerbarge.
There is far more to WT than O Gauge - from 2mm/N gauge through to Gauge 3 and beyond (including a fair bit of OO with Peco track!).
Sit down in a comfy chair with a nice hot brew and have a good browse through the whole forum from the beginning - there is a great deal of really good stuff to enjoy
Rob R

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Lots of perfectly good OO layouts, the Alloa layout is such an example and if your layout is to be used at home, you have no one to please but yourself.

Spend some time to tour the forum, there is some outstanding talent waiting to be discovered.
And welcome.

Tim

Mike W

Western Thunderer
Welcome Bunkerbarge. Nothing wrong with 00. There is some superb 00 modelling on here - inspirational. But we do like to see pictures of what you're doing! And the main thing you'll find is that everyone is really friendly and supportive.

Mike

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
I agree that OO is well represented on WT. And what applies to one scale may well be relevant to another.

Don't forget that we all like pictures! Paul

2996 Victor

Western Thunderer
Welcome, and as a recent inductee myself, I can but echo the foregoing comments!

There's lots of great work in OO, and I for one am looking forward to seeing your progress.

Best regards,

Mark

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Welcome, Bunkers.

Plenty of 00 hereabouts but the forum is not gauge specific and there's some real inspirational modelling on here across all scales and gauges

Slower pace than elsewhere but please feel free to post photos of your own stuff.

Rob.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Welcome aboard. I always think of Lincolnshire as the Bomber County; you'll find a fair bit of interest in aircraft on here, too. :thumbs:

Just a few pictures, although the layout is in the very early stages. Some of you might have seen the gasworks in current editions of Model Rail Magazine. The point rodding is operational from motors hidden beneath the signal box. The locomotives on the workbench are all early weathering exercises and are non operational. The ones on the layout are all DCC with sound.02-04-22-01LayoutGasworksRetortHouse1.jpg20-04-22-01LayoutGasworksProcessTanks1.jpg23-12-20-18LayoutGasworksRetortSidingComp1.jpg30-06-22-02LayoutGasWorksCorner2.jpg03-09-18-01RailwayWeatheredCheshire1.jpg21-05-18-02HornbyB12WeatheringExercise2.jpg21-05-18-10BachmannV2WeatheringExercise5.jpg16-02-19-11LayoutJ15J94ScopwickSignalBox2.jpg

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Welcome Bunkers, “early stages” for me the amount of work done already would be considered much further than that, that said it looks like you have made a good start. The weathered locomotives look like you are doing a bit of a Barry siding.

Michael