Hello!

D

D1010

Hello, I'm new to the forum and thought i'd be polite.
I'm a self confessed hydraulic nut with my preference being Westerns. I currently model in N and have a small SRDC layout "Yarnham" which gets out an about from time to time.

I am stuck in a bit if a modelling limbo at the moment - too many ideas and a non existant budget.

I have previously dabbled in O with an RJH western kit but found it a nightmare and sold it. Although I do feel I'll be back in 7mm once the Heljen Western is out.

During this period of "limbo" I have found it useful to finish off half started projects. Will post these oddities to the forum next week.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Welcome, your first post reads a bit like Western Blues.... that will start the predictable discussion.

regards, Graham

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi D1010:thumbs:

Well what can i say , a HYDRAULIC nut ESPECIALLY WESTERNS :D:D ...... top man.

I look forward to your postings ( lots of pics please ).

I too had a RJH ( although i think my one was a later Nigel Stanley ) western kit. I had problems getting the shape right and eventually i too sold it.

I now have 5 JLTRT westerns these being D1006/ D1018 / D1033 and two untouched as yet. But i hope to get a Heljan one next year.

Anyway welcome to the forum enjoy the forum and enjoy your modelling, you will fit in here just nicely:thumbs:

Rob;)

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Hi D1010:)

I'm sure you will be right at home here ;) ........I have a couple of those RJH Westerns & like you I'm going to get the Heljan if they are OK .

Cheers Phill

D

D1010

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've heard a lot of praise for the forum!
I was tempted to look at getting a JLTRT whizzo but then the Danish announced one. Just hoping they iron out the issues they had on the OO model

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
hello mate welcome to the mad house. Wizzo I want 2 There is only one question what colour B or g

D

D1010

hello mate welcome to the mad house. Wizzo I want 2 There is only one question what colour B or g
No contest. Blue. Never rated the green. I have a Dapol blue on one order in N which will become 1010 and a Maroon one with sml yellows which'll be 1062. Have a Farish one I painted as 1015 in ochre which I might revisit and modify once the Dapol one is out

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Not bad, not bad - just ten posts until the inevitable topic surfaces... and from one of the usual suspects. D1010 looks like a really good fit for this forum.

D

D1010

I'll try and avoid that pit fall! It does seem at the moment that everything has to be loadhaul. Hmm

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
Welcome in !

Seeing as how you have the handle 'D1010', I don't think you can fail round here. :)

(I'll go get me coat now . . )

Ian