Hello from Fraggle Rock - aka the Isle of Man

Having lurked here for years, I have finally registered! A very interesting and inspiring forum with some great modelling, certainly to a far higher standard than I achieve (age & diabetes affecting my dexterity) but inspires me to try.

My interests have moved in recent years from the (US) New Haven Railroad in HO to the Forest of Dean (ish) in 7mm. So, the world of pannier tanks finally arrived over here.

20200531_152605.jpg

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning Neil.

My apologies, I missed your opening post. Welcome to a somewhat less frantic forum.

Right, layout thread next with plenty of photos.

Rob.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
The FoD is 7mm, and that will be my focus for the next few years.
Good day Neil,

FoD in 7mm is good - which part of the forest lines attracts your interest? which period?

Peter, my Son (aka "Spike"), and I are building a "what if" of the line between Lydney and Tufts, our "interpretation" of what the current day Norchard site might have looked like if the upper and lower stations had been built in the Edwardian era... along with an amalgam of bits from different collieries (such as Princess Royal, Lightmoor and Eastern United). Work on this layout appears in several WT topics including:-

* the origin and development of the layout ("in the round");

* scattered through Peter's workbench topic (mostly about the wagons and shunters);

* scattered across my workbench topic (you may find this to be hard going... because (a) I have been posting here for more than ten years and (b) Peter and I have wide interests).

regards, Graham

Hi Graham

Thanks for your reply. 'My' FoD is a bit fuzzy as to location, but has elements of Coleford Junction, imagined as a yard that is no longer used for through traffic, but coal comes in from collieries using their locos, and exchanged with BR(W). There is also a spur to a factory that processes unknown things, but vans and tanks have been seen on the siding! An RMWeb pal (he'll be on here somewhere) made an excellent building for me, work on completing this scene will be this autumns project. Early 1950s ish basically, early emblem on most locos, but some alternative stock to enable a later 60's transition period. It's all a bit flexible, and not meant to be a deadly serious bit of modelling.

20220901_155131[1].jpg