Hello from central Scotland

Ian N

I’m Ian, and after nearly 50 years of modelling EM Gauge, I still enjoy it. It’s something to do with not being able to take and use a model straight out the box. That and I get more satisfaction from modelling than running trains

Modelling over the last year has been slow, but will hopefully pick up again in the new year when all the stored items are moved away from the layout and my workbench. Yes. Eldest daughter has finally bought a house!

My current layout was started nearly twenty years ago, with an expectation that it would be substantially complete in seven years. There‘s a remote chance it could be finished, excluding the stock in another two, but I’m not holding my breath - It’ll be done when it’s done. What went wrong? The internet! I’ll explain more when I start a layout thread.

I see from reading other threads you like photos. Here’s a couple for just now. All work in progress
AFCD4F78-6CB9-453B-933F-D4A644F1AA54.jpeg1FA8CA24-E98E-4A02-B5A6-B3B2ADB17BC0.jpeg

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
Welcome @Ian N.
The best laid schemes o' mice an' men.. :) You’re not the first to be well wide of their target. I think it’s very few that can match vision and ambition with reality. But what you’ve produced so far looks interesting. And I understand what you say about being more interested in the modelling side. You’ll fit in well, here :)

Cheers

Jan