Heljan Coaches

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
My club has recently purchased some 7mm Heljan coaches (thank you Rich). We need to get inside to populate them and to fix back some of the windows.

I've unscrewed the bogies and the screws at the ends, behind the buffer beams, but that has not released the body. Does anyone have some guidance about how to gain access or even better is there a primer somewhere?

We can't be the first to want to make the vehicles look as if they have a passenger contingent.

Brian

Al Tait

Western Thunderer
Assuming its the MK1's, then east the pipes off the coach ends and the roof's should come off. The coach on the left is a BG but the rest are the same, this has had the sides removed but you can see the mountings that go into the sides.

Easybuild B4 2.jpg

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
That is really helpful, Al. Many thanks.

It looks like a fiddly process, and I'll have to take care to not damage the sides, but eminently doable.

Brian

LarryG

Western Thunderer
The muckiness of the Scotrail coach brings to mind the coaches used in the Crewe test-train sets in the 1990's, their pasenger carrying days behind them.

Al Tait

Western Thunderer
They probably could do with a trip through the washer but they're not as grubby as that picture suggests.