GER fish wagon in G3

Mike W

Western Thunderer
Gosh. The way you describe it Geoff its just cutting off the top plank .. but when you look closely there are so many changes to planks, strapping, bolts, catches .. that's a big job I wouldn't attempt.

Mike

geoff_nicholls

Western Thunderer
that's a big job I wouldn't attempt

I suppose that having added the strapping etc on the original pattern, it didn't seem much work. The hardest part was sawing off the top plank, and getting a straight edge. It was a shame to have to cover all that nice wood grain with styrene zinc sheeting.
And I've just realised I've forgot to put on a new coping strip.

midnightmiller

I suppose that having added the strapping etc on the original pattern, it didn't seem much work. The hardest part was sawing off the top plank, and getting a straight edge. It was a shame to have to cover all that nice wood grain with styrene zinc sheeting.
And I've just realised I've forgot to put on a new coping strip.

Geoff
Ask that nice Mr Cook how to get the aroma just right !

geoff_nicholls

Western Thunderer
Underneath the fish wagon: a mixture of Williams Models, GRS, Peter Korzilius and 3D prints make up the brake gear.
Just the sheet rail, axlebox overlays and the mechanism to stop the door slamming open, to add.
20211110_220852.jpg

A comparison between the fish wagon and the original kit. You can see the zinc lining inside the former. 20211110_221012.jpg