georgeT's (7mm Workbench)

georgeT

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the likes guys, been away for too long and really glad to be back, as l say l had lost a lot of my mojo over the last six months not bothering to do much modelling at all, it was even an effort to get myself to the O gauge show at Kettering but l did, and glad l did, as l bought a bargain on the bring and buy stall ? a ACE kit of a M/N, (l knew l was in for a lot of work with the kit from the start) but l had intended to build a B/B out of it from the start ? to my amazement there was a W/C chassis with wheels in the box (great minds think alike)

so after a week of looking at all the work involved l started it, after a lot of head scratching and swearing l have almost finished her as No34086 '219 squadron' and in the process of giving her a real good coat of Sh*te, just as l remember them ..

simond

Western Thunderer
My pal, Ken, had one of them. Had a whacking great motor in it, & went like a stoat, but the chassis was made of the paint you’re using on yours! Blown up from 4mm, and not very good at all. I should have bitten the bullet and rebuilt it for him, but the wheels appeared to be pressed on, so he lived with it.

georgeT

Western Thunderer
Some will think its 'silly' but with the price of O gauge wagon kits lately, l have gone down the road of two liveries on one wagon (Not my idea) and as my new layout will be based in the 80s (blue) and a friends garden layout in the 60s (Green) does the job, just need to get more transfers for the blue ones..DSC07678.JPGDSC07679.JPG

Peter Cross

Western Thunderer
It's ok as long as both liveries have the same coloured ends.
I did one or two wagons for a friend, again as long as basic colour was the same it was ok.

georgeT

Western Thunderer
Hi peter, As you can see the ends are black, had a friend who used to paint all his OO diesels with different identities minus a nose number..

Allen M

Western Thunderer
Way back in the early 1970s I had a small layout 'Witts End Light Railway' which went to quite a number of exhibitions. It had a Big-Big coach with ends cut flat, maroon one side and chocolate & cream the other, There were also several wagons, Big-Big and 3H kis with different liveries each side. A big financial help with mortgage and young family.

Regards
Allen

robertm

It's ok as long as both liveries have the same coloured ends.
I did one or two wagons for a friend, again as long as basic colour was the same it was ok.
Alas, I believe BR stopped painting coach ends black when body sides were spray painted rather than brushed. This occurred during the maroon era. I’m no expert in this area but I don’t think blue vehicles ever had black ends.
Happy to be shot down.
Bob