georgeT's (7mm Workbench)

adrian

Flying Squad
It's not only on George's thread, it's all threads!! Really frustrating not seeing pictures!
Hi, I can only apologise - it is getting frustrating. A recent security upgrade by the hosting company for the forum has started randomly blocking some images. I appreciate your patience - sometimes refreshing the thread brings up the missing images - although often then removing previously displayed images :headbang::headbang:. I'm still in discussion with the technical department to try and resolve the problem.

Regards

Adrian

Deano747

Western Thunderer
Hi, I can only apologise - it is getting frustrating. A recent security upgrade by the hosting company for the forum has started randomly blocking some images. I appreciate your patience - sometimes refreshing the thread brings up the missing images - although often then removing previously displayed images :headbang::headbang:. I'm still in discussion with the technical department to try and resolve the problem.

Regards

Adrian
Thanks Adrian, I had a feeling I wasn't alone!! Refreshing does work sometimes but not always. Fingers crossed it's resolved soon.

Regards
Rob (Deano)

georgeT

Western Thunderer
Started to scratch build a Drummond wide cab T9 a while back but put it away for another day, Micheal Edge informed me that the watercart chassis did in fact have bogies and not a straight one that l was trying to build, he also supplied me with the brass parts l needed, but they were put in the box with the loco, so as l was looking for something different to build here she is, not 100% accurate but near enough....DSC07149.JPG DSC07150.JPG DSC07151.JPG DSC07152.JPG DSC07153.JPG DSC07154.JPG DSC07155.JPG

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
I did the same as you on my Drummond tenders George. It is relatively easy to get two vertical bends on the sides correctly spaced. To do both sides AND make the rear panel the exact width on a long and floppy piece of metal is just a bit too challenging. The joint on the rear panel is easily adjusted and invisible on the finished model.

Filling in the corners on the flairs can be a a wee bit tricky. I did mine by forming a conical filler piece over a turned former. I used 15 thou brass which when soldered to the 10 thou sides leaves a tiny bit of overlap both sides to blend in. I didn’t need to anneal the brass which came from scrap etch and formed just with hand pressure.

Ian.

75564F48-E375-40AC-9349-53558189BDD5.jpeg 0A644E8C-04F1-4E45-9F8C-61B3C48C960C.jpeg

georgeT

Western Thunderer
Been very busy of late with one thing and another as we all have l guess, but pleased to say l have sold the 2251 Collet 0-6-0 tender engine l had built, as l really didn't like the 3,500 tender that came with the kit, also the southern bogie baggage van l was working on (from an old lan Kirk kit) has also been sold, been doing very little on the T9 project, but l have started the (MOK) N15 King Arthur, l love the Urie style of roof so l need to do some research to find a loco l want, plus it will have picked up a S15 tender on her travels with the three tanks on the rear of the tender, l have seen a few pictures of Arthurs with the bigger bogie tenders on, just have to find one....DSC07215.JPG DSC07216.JPG DSC07217.JPG DSC07218.JPG DSC07219.JPG