Genesis of the LMS coach

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I love Ressalders comment because I know where he's coming from, but I am most certainly not sweet! :p

Any chance of a more sober smiley for railway modellers rather than something I send to my cute grandchildren. ;)

ian70

Hello Larry, Happy New Year to you, now then I have a question about these dia 1719’s, I have a Sidelines 7mm kit to build, which I want to build as an after revenue earning life Inspection Saloon.

But there is limited information on the internet about the life as Inspection Saloon DM395222, I am trying to find any pictures or drawings if anyone has any information on this vehicle please ?

I have found out that DM395222 now resides at the Midland Railway Butterly, so I think an enquiry, and trip is in the planning.

I would be very grateful thank you.
Craig
Do you mean dm 395223? based at Peak Rail?

Muddysblues

Western Thunderer
Just to resurrect this thread, and confirm that the Saloon I am after info for is definitely “DM395222”, @ian70 was so kind to send me lots of great reference photos, but sadly I had got mixed up saying it might have been 395223.

Thank you though Ian they are fantastic pictures of the “wrong” saloon for me :(

Best regards
Craig

Day Return

Hello Larry and everyone. I hope this post is suitable for this thread, it's my first in this forum. I have recently acquired a Lawrence and Goddard D1718 Diner in its full 'period 2' livery and naturally it looks superb, thank you Larry! However it has need of some remediation, specifically one of the frosted panes has come away inside and one has detached at one end, bowing inwards instead. Some of the tables with their lamp standards are out of place, sitting high or tipped but not moving around.

Is there a safe-ish way of opening up the inside to remedy these problems?

While the roof is firmly attached, there is a little bit of give just below the cantrail away from the ends, but I suspect that exploring that further would be dangerous. Unless you Larry, or Derek Lawrence I expect, left a secret route behind, probably the only unintrusive way in would be through the floor, but I guess that is also likely to be risky as well. Perhaps after removing the panel that mounts the truss frames and which covers the central part of the floor underneath? I can well expect that the most appropriate response will be to leave all as is and don't mess.