G3 Project Loco

Mikemill

Western Thunderer
The G3 Society Project Loco is now in production.

The loco is based on a LSWR AdamsG6 Tank Engine

The kit consists of laser cut steel parts for the chassis, laser cut brass parts for the body, all other parts are 3D printed. Included in the kit are Slaters wheels, all fixings and materials to complete the engine.

There will be a construction manual available to download and online support if required. Not included are motor /gearbox, and R/C equipment.

The kits are available to members of the G3 Society at £500.00 + £10 P&P by FedEx. Become a member here Membership | Gauge 3

Members can register their interest here g3projectloco@gmail.com

Mike
P1010781 (2).JPG

Mike W

Western Thunderer
Details like the way the boiler mountings sit down to the boiler and the shaping of the coupling rods, all suggests really nicely made parts. And if you've made two they must to together OK. I spoke today with a friend who is delighted with his set of parts. All that, including wheels, for £500 is not a lot more than some of the larger RTR 00 locos - amazing! I hope there are some LSWR enthusiasts here that will take one for the mantelpiece at that price.

Well done Mike.

Mike

geoff_nicholls

Western Thunderer
Those parts look nice, especially the 3D printed "castings". For future projects I suggest, for the frames, you use a tab and slot method. The photo shows how I designed the frames for a J65. I think you can see the tabs and slots. it makes it easier to hold everything together for soldering. I got the idea from seeing the frames of the Williams Models Manning Wardle kit.
20131208 004.JPG

Mikemill

Western Thunderer
Well, we did it.

Four members of the G3 Society came together to contribute their skills to develop a small tank engine that would sell for an affordable price and in turn attract new members to the society.

The first production run was 10 kits, and they sold in a very short time. We then had to come up with the goods and send out the kits to members.

I have had confirmation from FedEx that all the kits have been delivered, Phew!

Once more I would like to thank the four members for their contribution to a very successful venture.

Mike