G1MRA 75th Anniversary party at Bicester 1&2 October - g1mra75.co.uk - Be There or Be Square!

David Halfpenny

Western Thunderer
In just two weeks time, 1:32 Finescale will be showing:

- Our Derek Pollard's live-steam locomotive, as in this stunning G1MRA cover picture:

G1MRA_275 Cover.png

AND

- Chris Tolhurst's and Derek's scale refinements of a modestly-priced 1:32 live-steam Adams Radial Tank.

AND

- The new interior to Derek's superb 1:32 Bagshot Station.

AND

- Our Dave Bowden's object-lessons in converting economy 1:32 laser-kits to scale models.

AND

- Examples from Mike Palmer's Fine-Standard indoor GWR branch line 'Croft'.

AND

- For Sale details of the excellent 1:32 Scale GWR exhibition layout 'St Petroc'.
An rare opportunity so many of you have been waiting for :)

Please support either or both 1:32 and Finescale
by showing up, and giving us your encouragement.

Details of location, tickets etc at: g1mra75.co.uk

Discount for online ticket sales.

Downloadable show guide at g1mra75.co.uk/show-guide

which you'll see offers far more than G1MRA's traditional inward-looking 'Endless 10mm Viaduct' racetrack.

There's a wide range of scales and gauges represented, and plenty to see from other hobbies, from traction engines and r/c lorries to a display of Classic motor cars.

Looking forward to seeing lots of smiling Western Thunder faces - on both days :)

David
1.32.finescale@gmail.com

Last edited:

Brian T

Western Thunderer
As a newbie 1/32er i plan on coming down on the sunday with the aim of soaking up as much info on 1/32 suppliers as possible. :D
But looking through the guide i see there is no specific 1/32 stand,would i assume that it's in with the G1 stand?.

Brian.

D6356

Western Thunderer
Have a good show, due to rail staff survival battles at this time unable to get to Bicester by public transport so will miss, with regret and even had to withdraw from staffing rota as not fair to drop organisers in it at zero notice.
All the notices and info shows it to be a UK show of a lifetime for G1 as befits 75 years
Robert

D1054

Western Thunderer
Just want to say what a great time we had with the new stand at Bicester. We had a very successful two days with the Wizzo's and 37's on the Venturer Models stand, and thanks to everyone who came along and supported the event.
IMG-20220930-WA0003.png

Attachments

• 20220929_115146.jpg
    20220929_115146.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20221002105105_IMG_7588.png
    20221002105105_IMG_7588.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 20221002105321_IMG_7592.png
    20221002105321_IMG_7592.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 20221002110226_IMG_7601.png
    20221002110226_IMG_7601.png
    989.7 KB · Views: 40

Simon

Flying Squad
Really enjoyed the show, lots to see, lots of people to catch up with, not least Steve Harrod and Rob Mabbett on Worcester Road, and really nice to meet Ian and his fabulous models.

Both the Western and English Electric looked very nice indeed!

Simon

Brian T

Western Thunderer
Well i got to the show on the sunday and enjoyed every minute of it,but what i really wanted to see was 'Worcester Road',this i did and it did'nt dissapoint!.
Steven Harrod and fellow 1/32 modeler Rob Mabbett were extremley generous with their time and assisatnce in all things 1/32 and Hydrualic too...!!
I also came away from the show with the knowlage that there is a ready supply of parts for scratch building stock and that a couple of dealers also make a small number kits in 1/32 and that Tenmille are converting their range to 1/32 scale over time with a very nice GWR 16ton brake van in 4 wheel or 6 wheel configuration already....
Anyhow put together a small video of Worcester rd;
Acouple of extra pics not in the video,
DSC00017.JPGDSC00034.JPGDSC00011.JPG
This is but; i just find this model of D600 'Active' superb...wish i had space for one myself!.
DSC00031.JPG

Brian.

Simon

Flying Squad
A great video and photographs Brian, thank you for producing and sharing them.

Steve and Rob's modelling is out of this World.

It would be fabulous if you joined in the 1/32 fun, it is such a nice scale to make models in.

I have various projects on the go, all of which provide me with a lot of enjoyable distraction and some of which I even hope to finish....

Last touched 5 years ago...:confused:

Sprayed1.jpg

Brian T

Western Thunderer
Hi Simon,

I have already made a start in 1/32 in having picked up two Bachmann 03's and one of Fred Phipps Cl22',the later by way of Mr Stewart of this parish. :D

Also have three Accucraft RCH wooden open's,which will need a bit of work to make acceptable,(prototype wise) two of Fred's opens and lastly i've copt hold of a set of etchings from Cromford designs of a NE/BR 20t brake van kit...

The only dilema i have now is what era to model.
Do i go pre 63' or post 70'...humm :rolleyes:

Brian.
ps Like the bubble car :thumbs:

D6356

Western Thunderer
The shed model is a brilliant version of the MPD genre. The locos by their sheer heft have plenty of presence and the sound adds value with the good speaker size. Have to say I had almost forgotten about Simon`s 122, having saved away for a 121 in blue some years back. Also a big thanks for me for the short film as I was unable to visit the show.
Robert

D6356

Western Thunderer
Have
Just want to say what a great time we had with the new stand at Bicester. We had a very successful two days with the Wizzo's and 37's on the Venturer Models stand, and thanks to everyone who came along and supported the event.
View attachment 171945
Have to say loving the "faded"railfreight general grey livery just needs a yellow end and perhaps black window surrounds.
Robert

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Hi Brian, those shots of Worcester Road just show how much presence 1/32 has, I had to really look at the photos as the guy kneeling down looked so real!
Thankyou for sharing and what a temptation….you are pondering on pre 63 or post 70..I would be very interested to find out from fellow WTs when did the wooden wagons finally disappear?
Look forward to seeing more.
All the best
Julian

Brian T

Western Thunderer
I would be very interested to find out from fellow WTs when did the wooden wagons finally disappear?
Look forward to seeing more.
All the best
Julian
Hi Julian,

The 1923 spec. RCH wooden wagons were all out of common use by 63' according to my copy of 'the aquired wagons of british railways' vol3; hence the pre 63' thought's .
This i will go with....sort of . :rolleyes:

Brian.