Finney7 cab roof fitting, HELP

topshed34a

Western Thunderer
I am currently building the Finney7 A4 and all is going well but making the cab roof up using the jig is leaving me a bit confused
I have read the instructions mutiple times but I think maybe I am just obtuse
I still am not sure exactly where the part that solders to the underside of the roof fits
If someone can point me in the right direction that would be lovely.

Mike Trice

Western Thunderer
Out of interest there appears to be a later version of the instructions on the Finney7 site with cab parts labled C**. Having said that they do not resolve your issue as (as you have observed) they fit the underside cab detail BEFORE fixing the item you have to align against.

Might be worth raising it with them.

topshed34a

Western Thunderer
Hello Pete,
Many thanks, the roof looks excellent
My issue is the detail part t1hat1 fits on the underside of the csba roof, I need to silver this on first and then solder the roof to the ji
What I don't know is how to locate the part in the right location before turning it over and soldering to the.
There are some triangular indents but it really doesn't show you what to align it with.

P A D

Western Thunderer
It's about 4 years since I built mine and I sold it earlier this year so can't check.

However looking at my third image, you can see that the roof overlaps the jig by about 1mm. Therefore you need to set the detail part back from the front to allow for this plus the thickness of the jig. In the first image it is the same, so you need to align it centrally back to front with equal gaps from the front and rear edges of the detail part to the edges of the roof. Does that make sense?
Cheers,
Peter