expoEM Summer 2023

Dave F.

Western Thunderer
Yes myself and a fellow EM member enjoyed the show very much, I've heard the attendance was very much up on previous years so that bodes well for next year. Travelling over three and a half hours and dodging the idiot drivers on the M1 was worth the effort. Met up with old friends and made some new ones so all in all a great day out.:)

Dave Franks

Leander

The Trophies were awarded as follows:
Chairman’s Cup awarded to the Best Layout in the expo - Dewsbury GNR (P4). This was voted for by visitors to the expo.
oSummerPhoto1.jpg.4c2b3375d902ec0044ccd1a4ed9664c2.jpg
EMGS Chairman Bill Wyatt-Millington presents the Chairman's Cup (Shield?) to Geoff Tiffany, flanked by co-builders Dave Carter (left) and Brian Eves (right).

The Abbey Trophy awarded to the layout operated in the most prototypical manner - Hope-under-Dinmore (EM) by the South Hants Model Railway Club
oSummerPhoto2.jpg.b5d7e1f0653bd0003151185dbc622fe2.jpg
David Bridges receives the The Abbey Trophy from EMGS Chairman Bill Wyatt-Millington.

Malcolm Crawley Trophy - awarded for the best Scratchbuilt or Kitbuilt Locomotive to Pete Hill, for his scratchbuilt USATC S160 2-8-0 locomotive in EM gauge.
oSummerPhoto3.jpg.030fa633a7030a5448de5a0100f5ae24.jpg

We have been asked to withold photographs of the painted and finished model pending an article in a forthcoming issue of Model Railway Journal. Pete (left) was placed first and second, we can however show his GWR County class 4-6-0 in EM gauge which was the runner-up.
ountyUSphoto1.jpg.e87b01f9715e3be132d4de306a4cb928.jpg

A special award this year went to Geoff Kent, Plasticard wizard. The trophy was created by EMGS member Ian Cross, of Derby.

oSummerPhoto5.jpg.88aea27a0cd67b4d4ac0f04be4784c4b.jpg

All photographs courtesy of Karl Crowther

Leander

Pictures at an expo. With apologies to ELP.
(With the exception of West End Drift, all other photos by Karl Crowther)

Attachments

• Chatsworth Road US Photo 1.jpg
    Chatsworth Road US Photo 1.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Dewsbury Photo 1.jpg
    Dewsbury Photo 1.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Grimesthorpe US Photo 1.jpg
    Grimesthorpe US Photo 1.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Hope US Photo 1.jpg
    Hope US Photo 1.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Kyle Macallan US Photo 1.jpg
    Kyle Macallan US Photo 1.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Minimis Photo 1.jpg
    Minimis Photo 1.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Sheepcroft US Photo 1.jpg
    Sheepcroft US Photo 1.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 43
  • West End Drift (3).jpg
    West End Drift (3).jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Dai88D

Western Thunderer
The Trophies were awarded as follows:
Chairman’s Cup awarded to the Best Layout in the expo - Dewsbury GNR (P4). This was voted for by visitors to the expo.
View attachment 193625
EMGS Chairman Bill Wyatt-Millington presents the Chairman's Cup (Shield?) to Geoff Tiffany, flanked by co-builders Dave Carter (left) and Brian Eves (right).

The Abbey Trophy awarded to the layout operated in the most prototypical manner - Hope-under-Dinmore (EM) by the South Hants Model Railway Club
View attachment 193626
David Bridges receives the The Abbey Trophy from EMGS Chairman Bill Wyatt-Millington.

Malcolm Crawley Trophy - awarded for the best Scratchbuilt or Kitbuilt Locomotive to Pete Hill, for his scratchbuilt USATC S160 2-8-0 locomotive in EM gauge.
View attachment 193627

We have been asked to withold photographs of the painted and finished model pending an article in a forthcoming issue of Model Railway Journal. Pete (left) was placed first and second, we can however show his GWR County class 4-6-0 in EM gauge which was the runner-up.
View attachment 193628

A special award this year went to Geoff Kent, Plasticard wizard. The trophy was created by EMGS member Ian Cross, of Derby.

View attachment 193629

All photographs courtesy of Karl Crowther
That County is a real beaut.

Wyorin

As Chairman of EMGS I am very pleased at the number who attended the show. I would like to congratulate PR for the excellent show he organised. I felt there was a real buzz around the show.

I will admit I was worried about the possible attendance figures given the very low attendance at last year’s show, but obviously I need not have worried.