Etched Scavenger Roof Fan Grill for 7mm Heljan 37

Jordan said:
[quote=""CME & Bottlewasher"":1coqcso9]
The MMP mainline diesel detailing kit contains some fans yet not the grills :headbang:
Possibly because there were so many variations of grille styles and sizes on all the different Classes of diesel..? :? :scratch:[/quote:1coqcso9]

Yes I guess :scratch:

I love these detail kits yet perhaps various etched surrounds - with bolt detail - could be supplied and then the modeller adds the appropriate cross bracing etc...

CME :wave:

CME & Bottlewasher said:
[quote=""Purple-haze"":3if5mb6n]AFAIK shawplan do an etched fan kit ------ it retails at ?20 !! :rolleyes:

regards

Rog

Hi Rog :wave:

That's what I heard - I am happy that one is made, yet ?20, that is a disproportional price when compared to 4mm (or at least the last time that I bought one) :rolleyes: :headbang: Oh I know why that is, it's all down to the pricing strategy for 7mm products - 'wet yer finger stick it in the air and see what 7mm buyers will bear!' :rolleyes: :headbang: :rant: :twisted: (I am a poet and I didnt even know it :lol: ).

Cheers,

CME :wave:[/quote:3if5mb6n]

Hi :wave:

Just found out that that Shawplan are under new ownership - a very knowoledgable and helpful chap called Brian - and are updating many of their 4mm products (to P4 type standards) whilst keeping the older range for those who still wish to use such :thumbs:

I also found out that the Heljan 37 (7mm scale) Fan grill kit from them also comes with the correct roof section/plating and is correctly shaped too, with just a little profiling and fettling needed to fit. So it would appear that offers better value for money than just a grill set :thumbs: :oops: :oops: :thumbs: :thumbs: :bowdown: Thus better value for money then :oops: :thumbs:

Cheers,

CME & Bottlewasher said:
[quote=""CME & Bottlewasher"":31bkd7ck][quote=""Purple-haze"":31bkd7ck]AFAIK shawplan do an etched fan kit ------ it retails at ?20 !! :rolleyes:

regards

Rog

Hi Rog :wave:

That's what I heard - I am happy that one is made, yet ?20, that is a disproportional price when compared to 4mm (or at least the last time that I bought one) :rolleyes: :headbang: Oh I know why that is, it's all down to the pricing strategy for 7mm products - 'wet yer finger stick it in the air and see what 7mm buyers will bear!' :rolleyes: :headbang: :rant: :twisted: (I am a poet and I didnt even know it :lol: ).

Cheers,

CME :wave:[/quote:31bkd7ck]

Hi :wave:

Just found out that that Shawplan are under new ownership - a very knowoledgable and helpful chap called Brian - and are updating many of their 4mm products (to P4 type standards) whilst keeping the older range for those who still wish to use such :thumbs:

I also found out that the Heljan 37 (7mm scale) Fan grill kit from them also comes with the correct roof section/plating and is correctly shaped too, with just a little profiling and fettling needed to fit. So it would appear that offers better value for money than just a grill set :thumbs: :oops: :oops: :thumbs: :thumbs: :bowdown: Thus better value for money then :oops: :thumbs:

Cheers,

CME :wave:[/quote:31bkd7ck]

Hi guys :wave:

After a chat with Brian at Shawplan I ordered the '37' Grill kit and it arrived, very prompthy, on Saturday morning :thumbs: (I hope to Post a phot. of it soon), and very nice it is too, pretty compreshensive too.

It will require a little more of a brave and steady hand than first antcipated so as to fit, yet the loco will be all the better for it :thumbs: :thumbs:

I understand that my purchase was the last of the batch, yet Brian is trying to gauge the demand for such products from the 7mm diesel fraternity - so more may follow, he also mentioned that if the demand is sufficent he may produce some other detail parts for the Heljan '37' - including (if one is brave enough) a window etch system very akin to those for his latest 4mm range. I also understand that he maybe producing some Frost Grills too.......

Amongst other projects I hope to detail and fettle the bogies on my 'visiting' '37' - yet more winter projects :thumbs: :headbang: :eek: :lol:

Cheers,

D1054 said:
Hi CME,

Sounds good - can you pleasepost a picture of the etch for us?

Cheers,

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Sorry :bowdown: , been a bit busy of late, and lost track of this Post, I will endeavour to take some phots tomorrow for you :thumbs:

All the best,