Prototype Duff photos

Overseer

Western Thunderer
I did get my shutter timing right sometimes.

Should I photoshop out the wires across the sky?
View attachment 60569
I would say no. Especially not for this thread. If you took the wires out the branches or grass in front of the train would have to go as well. I prefer reality, warts and all.

Thanks for posting the range of photos, btw, good to see them.

FiftyFourA

Western Thunderer
I have a few photos of 'duffs' you might like to see ...

47461.jpg

Not certain where this was taken but I suspect Old Oak because of the turntable. Sorry about the dust etc, I'll have to use Photoshop again.

47406.jpg

Edinburgh with un-named 47406 ...

Dunedin.jpg

... and at the 'other end' Glasgow Queen Street, 'Dunedin' ready for the 'off'.

Peter

FiftyFourA

Western Thunderer
Andrew,

Can you tell me where the photo of the RES 47 640 was taken please? It looks an interesting location but I just can't place it.

Peter

adrian

Flying Squad
Andrew,

Can you tell me where the photo of the RES 47 640 was taken please? It looks an interesting location but I just can't place it.

Peter
Hi, it looks like the back of Preston station to me. Between the station and the line down to the docks, looking north.

Andrew Thompson

Western Thunderer
Peter

Its the old parcel siding at Preston accessed via Christian Rd (for google purposes ) .Used to be a through line but truncated now with portakabins No longer accessible to the public as they have now put a locked barrier across the road access . Still used to park up locos latterly thunderbird duties etc.

Andrew

Overseer

Western Thunderer
Resurrecting and old thread, I found another Duff photo while looking through slides for something else. A large logo 47 heading north through Llanfair PG in 1988, taken from the footbridge.
br47 ll.jpg

I can't decipher the number on the original scan.

I took another photo, not sure why the loco doesn't appear, obviously wasn't quick enough turning around. Might be some use as a reference for weathering the top of containers.
Llanfair pg.jpg