Double Slip Maybe ? But Not As We Know It !!

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
While having a look at the " Governor's" latest topic, I happened to scroll down the link and came across this splendid piece of trackwork, full marks to whoever built it :thumbs:

bild404xrvi.jpg

ATB,

Martyn.

S

Simon Dunkley

That's an outside double-slip. (Not, as Iain Rice would have it, a semi-outside double slip.)

There is an outside single slip on Nunstanton:
Towards_e_lynn_small.jpg

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Close - it's actually a Baesler. You've hit a bit of an interest of mine in dicussing German trackwork.

Very finely made too, it's a useful piece of trackwork on a German layout and I've seen few better made than the one in the picture. Even in HO scale most of those produced are a little, well, chunky. The best was probably in the old RocoLine range, but the Tillig Elite one looks pretty good too...

Steph

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Fascinating, as noted in the lotherl thread, that 'double' slip as I called it LOL is very nice and hard to comprehend is N gauge, some nice inspirational work there, again less is more rings true.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Hi Steph,

I do not suppose you would have a diagram/photo of one of those turnouts would you ?

I must admit I do have an interest in complex trackwork, and like Mick said the fact that it is in 2mm :eek: someone must have nimble fingers.

Martyn.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Martyn,

Here's the image that Tillig use for their one.
85391.jpg

I've got a couple of diagrams for DR (Post-war East German) track, which may include a Baesler ( I know I was planning on a couple), but there are Copyright sensitivities...

Steph

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Fascinating, as noted in the lotherl thread, that 'double' slip as I called it LOL is very nice and hard to comprehend is N gauge, some nice inspirational work there, again less is more rings true.
Wow! I looked at it and assumed it was HO and was very impressed. I'm even more impressed now!