DM's Photos

David Mylchreest

Western Thunderer
I've been looking at the contributions of others and thought I might add mine. Additions will be irregular, being done as the passion takes me.
These are three of an engineer's train taken at Kensal Green on 18/12/83. The loco seems to be running as an 0-4-2

53429168238_b09007eff1_b.jpgDE313030 by David Mylchreest, on Flickr
53429334684_f8fb5cfd84_b.jpgDB852908 by David Mylchreest, on Flickr
53429168133_7896c2c82b_b.jpg08890 by David Mylchreest, on Flickr
Hope you enjoyed them

Last edited:

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Not seen a conservatory extension on a signal box before - wonder what its real purpose was?
Looks to be a balcony on opposite side to running lines.

timbowales

Western Thunderer
Not seen a conservatory extension on a signal box before - wonder what its real purpose was?
Looks to be a balcony on opposite side to running lines.
It was most likely to allow the bobby to look out for approaching traffic before dropping the barriers in front of some unsuspecting motorist……..
Tim T

David Mylchreest

Western Thunderer
It was most likely to allow the bobby to look out for approaching traffic before dropping the barriers in front of some unsuspecting motorist……..
Tim T

This map extract shows that Bollo Lane Junction box controlled two sets of crossing gates. The box's extension would have been useful.

Attachments

• Bollo Lane.jpg
    Bollo Lane.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 24

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
53430800143_3616f1607a_c.jpg
Class 142 dmu by David Mylchreest, on Flickr
Of more interest is the refurbished class 303 (AM3) ex-Glasgow North Clyde electrics behind the 142.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the photos. Hope you had a good day, David. Sadly it looks as though the attendance was poor particularly bearing in mind the number of locos and trains in steam or operating. I know the preceding weekend - the Winter Gala - was very well supported though.

Brian

David Mylchreest

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the photos. Hope you had a good day, David. Sadly it looks as though the attendance was poor particularly bearing in mind the number of locos and trains in steam or operating. I know the preceding weekend - the Winter Gala - was very well supported though.

Brian
Yes I did have a good day thank you. I went to the Pontefract Exhibition rather than the GCR the previous weekend and I must say that the lack of the crowds yesterday was a definite plus for me. As I approach my 80th I like a bit of space!
OK, no freight trains but what was available was good. The only regret was the Aspinall was coupled onto the front of the 101 which stopped the photo through the driver's window; hey ho.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Oh! How I remember those Premier of Watford coaches. Kodak moved their distribution depot from Ruislip to Hemel Hempstead in the mid 1960s and provided coaches to transfer the staff for the first couple of years. I seem to remember that there were three vehicles in use and one of them was an aged AEC - the Duple Vega bodied vehicle was the most modern of the coaches in use.

That's really stirred some happy memories - thank you David.

Brian