DEMU Showcase

adrian

Flying Squad
From the link

Diesel & Electric Model Railway Show​

DEMU Showcase is the premier UK exhibition dedicated to diesel and electric modelling and will be on the weekend of 17th/18th June 2023.

Opening Times​

Saturday 17th June 2023 10.00 - 17.00
Sunday 18th June 2023 10.00 - 16.00
Sutton Coldfield Town Hall, Upper Clifton Rd, Sutton Coldfield, B73 6DA Map

Arun Sharma

Western Thunderer
Well worth it - I went up there today. A few steam models had appeared such as an pre-production version of the Ellis Clark Black 5 [these are all likely to be Armstrong Whitworth long firebox versions]. No shortage of diesels with a fair proportion being 7mm scale [both in boxes and on layouts] as well. Layouts were in all three mainstream scales with S4 and EM societies representatives present.
There were also some very nice pre-production 2mm 1938tube stock cars which should be available in a year or so.
A good day out - apart from Cross-Country back to using 4 or 5 car Class 220 units. With the cricket in Birmingham today, all trains were absolutely jam packed with barely even standing room.

D6356

Western Thunderer
Hi
DEMU was very good and I seem to be £200 poorer having topped up the material stores and some lovely 3D printed 1980s road vehicles. It was good to see a selection of layouts - I would never want to judge the best!! Inspiring work shown and good trade support from baseboards to stock and scenic supplies along with several suppliers of rtr. Not quite sure of a collective noun for model railway manufactures but several attended. Indeed the 1938 tube stock mentioned above was on my radar given IOW liveries offered on a standard 1938 body, greats creative juices flowing, Ventor North Parkway sort of thing or Cowes with conductor rails..
I was inspired to see a 210 demu with etches to adapt a Bratchell bodyshell - well 4 at an early stage.
Robert

d827 kelly

A fantastic weekend as usual.

Likewise I wish to do a 210 (and a 457) after seeing mr havlik's modelling. Very inspiring. It was great to have a good chat with David Larkin as well (his next book Speedlink Vol.1 should be out within about a month with Crecy Publishing, with Vol.2 hoped to be out by the time next years Showcase is on if it can be arranged). Pwllheli won best layout.

There was a great curry organised on the Saturday evening as well. All round a very tiring, but well worth it weekend. Roll on next year.

I am of course slightly biased given I'm the DEMU Editor, but I still think it was great.

Last edited: