7mm David Andrews E1 4-4-0

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Oh, how I love to see that number on your E1, Ian. I travelled from Charing Cross to Ashford on 5th April 1961 on a special behind the E1 and T9 30117. As far as I remember the E1 stayed at Ashford, was immediately withdrawn and scrapped. The train then went to Eastleigh behind a Schools, reversing at Woking and changing engines for another Schools and returning to London from Eastleigh with a Schools. A memorable day I'll never forget. Not only that, but I left my camera on the train with all my Eastleigh pictures - M7s, T9s etc - (I'd changed films at Ashford). Never got the camera back but Tim Mills was at Eastleigh around the same date and has pictures of those same T9s. M7s and others. It only took nearly 60 years for me to fill that gap in my collection.:)

Brian

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
Oh, how I love to see that number on your E1, Ian. I travelled from Charing Cross to Ashford on 5th April 1961 on a special behind the E1 and T9 30117. As far as I remember the E1 stayed at Ashford, was immediately withdrawn and scrapped. The train then went to Eastleigh behind a Schools, reversing at Woking and changing engines for another Schools and returning to London from Eastleigh with a Schools. A memorable day I'll never forget. Not only that, but I left my camera on the train with all my Eastleigh pictures - M7s, T9s etc - (I'd changed films at Ashford). Never got the camera back but Tim Mills was at Eastleigh around the same date and has pictures of those same T9s. M7s and others. It only took nearly 60 years for me to fill that gap in my collection.:)

Brian
Brian,

When it is completed you'll have to come and see it running at its home.

Ian

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
The backhead has been completed and painted. Just a touch up on one of the gauge glasses and the LHS before it can be installed. It needs a dusting too !!

20230417_135847.jpg

The dummy inside motion has been put together, with a slight modification from the design and the inclusion of bearings for the axle to run in. They also assist with spacing the connecting and eccentric rods.
20230423_174046.jpg
20230423_174057.jpg
20230423_174124.jpg

First blow over of primer.
20230424_105212.jpg

Ian