Prototype Darlington, September 2013. A flying visit.

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
It does not seem like it but it is nearly ten years since I briefly stopped at Darlington on my way to visit the 'overflow' collection of the NRM at Shildon. I took a few pictures but traffic was mainly Cross-Country dmu's. Freight normally by-passes the station although a Colas Rail Freight liveried 66 did use the north-bound platform road of the station but my photographic effort was not successful..

43318 heading a southbound service in to the station.
SAM_0347 (2).JPG

Class 92 leaves for Kings Cross propelling the train.
SAM_0342.JPG

A now long gone and not really missed 'Pacer'
SAM_0340 (4).JPG

A couple of pictures of the Cross Country units so frequent during my brief visit. (I must confess to a liking of the livery.)
SAM_0344.JPG

SAM_0354.JPG

And finally the famous clock tower bell.....
SAM_0352.JPG

Hope you enjoy,

Roger ;).

ullypug

Western Thunderer
I remember my grandad (who was a 3rd generation Darlington railwayman) taking me up to Bank Top to see the trains, back in the day when Locomotion No 1 was plinthed there.

Chas Levin

Western Thunderer
I finally got to visit the NRM at Shildon six years after your visit Roger, when my wife was visiting a friend who lives just outside Darlington.
Great arrangement: she saw her friend and they talked about stuff I'd not have found interesting, while I visited the overflow collection and looked at stuff she'd not have found interesting; each of us thought the other one was missing out, both of us were happy! :D
I remember my grandad (who was a 3rd generation Darlington railwayman) taking me up to Bank Top to see the trains, back in the day when Locomotion No 1 was plinthed there.
And here's the 'Locomotion No. 1' I saw when I was there... not quite the same but pretty good nonetheless:

Locomotion No 1 Shildon Sep2019 (61).JPG