4mm Cwm Gwendraeth Bach

timbowales

Western Thunderer
INTRODUCTION:-
Well, it's time to offer up my meagre attempts at modelling in a proper thread.
As some will recognise from the title it is loosely based on the BP&GV. The chosen location is Pontyates, chosen because I regularly pass it on the bus travelling back from Carmarthen to Llanelli. I also chose it because of its lovely Colonel Stephens corrugated iron architecture.
Some liberties will be taken with the classes of locomotives appearing, Rule 1 applies :)
The baseboards have been ready for a couple of years.
Photos will appear as appropriate.

timbowales

Western Thunderer
So I've started on the GWR concrete hut. I've opened the packet and examined the parts to familiarise myself with them. That's as far as it goes as two snags have cropped up
I'm having difficulty downloading the instructions, ending up on some wierd webpage instead of where I expected to be.
The second snag is that some of the parts are tiny! Far too small for me to employ the standard tip on a bottle of Roket Card Glue! Hopefully some microtips should arrive tommorrow
IMG_0629.jpeg IMG_0630.jpeg

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Tim,

Have a look at Pencarrow's, SR 7mm provender store thread, he's just built one.

Sorry no link.

timbowales

Western Thunderer
Tim,

Have a look at Pencarrow's, SR 7mm provender store thread, he's just built one.

Sorry no link.
That was what prompted me to get one but in 4mm :)
The 4mm one is designed slightly differently, for example the door is in one piece with its end. That is going to be fun to paint.

timbowales

Western Thunderer
Well, despite the lack of posts, there has been some progress, not all of it positive!
I had decided to use Roket Card Glue as I didn't have any Laser Kit Glue. Big mistake as it grabs instantly allowing no time for any adjustments. You need some adjustment time specially with such tiny parts. Laser Kit Glue now ordered.
The progress, shown in the attached photo, is merely to paint the window bars white and glue the glazingretainer behind the window opening. More to follow when the glue arrives.
Daliwch i wenu
IMG_0187.jpeg