Courtybella Road (Western Region Mid 1990s).

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
Without wishing to denigrate your excellent craftsmanship, the distant would be slotted, so that it wouldn't show "off", until the starter was "off".

Yes, Mr Fitness did draw me a diagram how to slot them electrically but it’s taken so long to get them working and the wider layout reliable I’m taking it as a win that they work for now at least.

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
60035 takes the Gear route towards Courtybella Road, but more interestingly 60025 also makes a parallel movement via the rarely used Cardiff Curve UP move via the DN road.

You can just about see the runny dummy next to the coal wagons. This allows 035 to run up towards Cwmrhymney, and 025 to branch off towards Oakdale at Courtybella at the same time.

A81CFFDB-746C-40B3-9366-77A68FE03C1F.jpeg

simond

Western Thunderer
I’m guessing the last photo was taken with the aid of a mirror, or did the picture invert when being sized?

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
First piece of the reconstruction back in place (temporarily) the extended span of the footpath from Bellevue to Cardiff Road.

The span has been extended to allow the branch (right) to run further towards Courtybella Road.

The “big one” signal behind will also be moved forward.

Track is temporarily placed to remind me where it goes when the fresh stuff arrives.

IMG_9716.jpeg

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
I’ve started to temporarily lay the track (just waiting on new points).

I’ve moved the big one signal to its new position just behind the extended footbridge, the branch now extends a yard or so beyond its original position to allow a train to wait at the signal and be on straight track which looks better on photos than on the curve.

Once the new points arrive I can then start to lay the train semi permanently, I need to cut point motor holes and dropper wires first before permanent track laying can happen.

Before any further scenic work takes place some lengthy testing will have to take place to ensure it all works !
IMG_9724.jpeg

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
Major progress over the last few weeks, all electrical connections and points wired and working ! Ballast down, and rails cleaned plus points tested and it all works !

Ive had a stock clear out as well, basically I’ve used a few wagons I had surplus to fix some others that needed bits reattaching etc.

I’ve had a few additions, mainly adding to my china clay rake up from 7 to 10 I’ll call that a done deal now as their very heavy wagons, my 15 HAA wagons give the 08s a real test especially when starting on a curve !

Both shunters are sound fitted with nice big chunky stay alives so any dirty spots don’t cause cut outs, I’ve tested the track with the shunters to pick up any troublesome spots.

Some happy snaps…
IMG_0592.jpeg

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_0597.jpeg

IMG_0599.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

IMG_0606.jpeg

IMG_0607.jpeg

IMG_0172.jpeg

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_0174.jpeg