Courtybella Road (Western Region Mid 1990s).

simond

Western Thunderer
I’m assuming the iPad is playing a movie whilst you model? I try not to watch the box when modelling after a few annoying “oops”, including bending a fairly long and complicated rail for a formation I was building to PD loco, carefully, accurately, and with the rail the wrong way up…. You find out when the chairs don't fit.

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
I’m assuming the iPad is playing a movie whilst you model? I try not to watch the box when modelling after a few annoying “oops”, including bending a fairly long and complicated rail for a formation I was building to PD loco, carefully, accurately, and with the rail the wrong way up…. You find out when the chairs don't fit.

Have I fitted a rail upside down ? I can never tell with bullhead rail both sides look the same to me.

simond

Western Thunderer
I don’t know if you did, but I know I did!

they’re not the same.

@martin_wynne of Templot fame showed a neat trick, press the rail end into a bit of plasticene, blu tak, or whatever, it makes it easier to see.

The fat bit goes on top.

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
Point driven by servos on Dock Street, I’m so pleased with the operation and ease of operation and also the cost that in going to replace the cobalts on Courtybella with these.

I’m using standard servos, with a megapoints control board and gaugemaster frog juicers combined with the additional wiring on the points to remove blade contact reliance has proven…so far…to be extremely pleasing.
A064F420-3999-4ED9-86DC-0C4627DBD099.jpeg

simond

Western Thunderer
Very odd, clicked in this morning and it’s normal again, with two YouTube links.

love the signals, I’ll pass on the music…

:)

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Without wishing to denigrate your excellent craftsmanship, the distant would be slotted, so that it wouldn't show "off", until the starter was "off".

Phil O

Western Thunderer
I have had an idea on how to achieve the interlocking, if the feed for the distant is taken from the starter, then the distant will only work when the starter is pulled.