Courtybella Road (Western Region Mid 1990s).

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
Out of the 8 bodies of the MEA & MFA flavours I’ve built I’ve decided to only continue work on these. Reason being the process has evolved over each body I made, with a further evolution to happen on the “final” type before I push forward with the rest of each batch.
IMG_0524.jpeg

Paint testing, the yellow goes on quite nicely on untreated plastic surface, when I tried it on primed surface it wasn’t a good clean covering.
IMG_0522.jpeg

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
The final evolution of the MFA wagons with weld lines on the floor and sides, I’ll be adding these to the MEA wagons as well.
ive built up the full rake of 10 MFA wagons i just need to add the the body side ribs, but I still need to build the remaining 7 MEA wagons.
IMG_0530.jpeg

The full MFA rake for now at least, part day though construction I decided to batch built these as it seemed more efficient than restarting each process after each body was complete.
IMG_0536.jpeg

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
You know I said the final evolution of the MEA / MFA build has been arrived at with a standard run to follow….

Well, cancel that I’ve gained access to accurate measurements, now I can see the errors in mine I can’t unsee them so a new design is being worked on to arrive at a prototype initially.

Watch this space….

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
Today I shaped (roughly) the polystyrene hill side forms at the far end of the main scenic side. This will be covered with bandage then scenic stuff added.
IMG_0965.jpeg

I’ve also added some more colour to the track, I wasn’t sure to start with but I think it looks better - run down which I was going for.
IMG_0967.jpeg

IMG_0966.jpeg
Evening sun starts to cast shadows on the railway. IMG_0968.jpeg

IMG_0969.jpeg

The next week or so should see my new digitrax controller arrive, and a sound fitted 60 so I can play trians again!

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
A rather disappointing day at the festival of the modelling at Alexandra Palace in London, saving grace was that I’ve managed to pick up six of the Kernow model centre CDA china clay wagons for a rather nice £26 discount off each so £49 vice £74! Needless to say I took the six as they had much to the delight of the chap behind the counter, it was interesting. He said that nobody wanted unbranded EWS wagons, hence why they were so significantly discounted.

After a 2 1/2 hour trip back from London to not so sunny south Wales add a little go in the garage filming a video, and some happy snaps.

IMG_1148.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1152.jpeg

Last edited: