Courtybella Road (Western Region Mid 1990s).

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
Hello, and thank you for letting me join the forum firstly - after many years of messing about and failing with a proper model railway I’ve finally got further than I’ve ever got !

My model is of a fictional location in South Wales, based on Park Junction (Newport) with two branch lines and a mainline centred around a junction and signal box.

Time period is mid 1990s, shadow freight companies and last days of BR passenger operation. I’m using peco track, hand built is to expensive for the amount of track I have although I have built it previously and very much enjoyed it.

All signals and points and/will be motorised, and the layout is set up for DCC operation. Although I’m using DC power at the moment as I can’t afford the large decoders needed for Heljan locos, I’ll gradually move over as money permits.

The layout is built from Tim Horn baseboards, and measures 11ft x 19ft x 2ft.

Here’s some pictures of the latest state of play, I’ll post some historical progress shots over time.FBCE54EB-9E75-466C-9338-6A1FC7F0C8C6.jpegCC3D57EB-D008-45CA-85F6-2E1BEA2F5335.jpeg989356E4-0892-4183-B8CD-937B95944A64.jpeg

NewportRod

Western Thunderer
Welcome Marc, this caught my eye as I live within a mile of Courtybella Junction. You've made some great progress there and I'll look forward to seeing developments. I take it that it's O gauge?

Reactions: AJC

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
Welcome Marc, this caught my eye as I live within a mile of Courtybella Junction. You've made some great progress there and I'll look forward to seeing developments. I take it that it's O gauge?

That’s correct yes O gauge, my initial idea was a compressed but recognisable Park Junction - although it did fit in my space available it would be back to front as I could only use the one side of the garage without a lift out section.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Welcome along Marc, I hope you enjoy posting on the forum. Top tip... Rather than adding photos as thumbnails, try adding them as "+Full" instead which is an option when attaching files. For those viewing your modelling it means that they don't have to open each image to view it.

rps20220331_073138.jpg

Shout if you're having problems, I'm sure we can assist.

Courtybella

Western Thunderer
Welcome along Marc, I hope you enjoy posting on the forum. Top tip... Rather than adding photos as thumbnails, try adding them as "+Full" instead which is an option when attaching files. For those viewing your modelling it means that they don't have to open each image to view it.

View attachment 159465

Shout if you're having problems, I'm sure we can assist.
Thank you, I’ll do that next time

simond

Western Thunderer
I’ll hazard a guess. The feather appears to have two wires. I would attach the black one to ground/-/out, and the other, via any resistor that may be required, to the switch, which is simply an on/off switch.

as I do not think you would want the feather illuminated when the aspect is red, you might want to feed the switch from the respective yellow or green rather than the +12v.

It depends what aspects you want to display. Red, yellow, yellow with feather, green, green with feather?