Caught on camera...

Osgood

Western Thunderer
I say there - that gent's waistcoat is more than just a tad on the short side and quite frankly the most unacceptable bright colour - there are standards you know!

Col. Osgood (retd).

flexible_coupling

Western Thunderer
Whereabouts is this one located? A broadly similar looking unit (which I'm failing to be able to google successfully!) is preserved in the main railway museum in Queensland, Australia - it was in an open-air museum 'across the road' from my home growing up for many years... very fond of them!

steve1

Western Thunderer
Derwent Valley Light Railway near York.

I did ride in it and it was, shall we say, not vet comfortable...

steve

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
From a petrol 'ead's point of view it's just as well it's on rails 'cause you couldn't "burn rubber" with it :D

Col.

Rippers

Western Thunderer
Derwent Valley Light Railway near York.

I did ride in it and it was, shall we say, not vet comfortable...

steve

Admit it Steve you were white and shaking when you got off.............. mind the bus was vibrating so much when runnng you looked out of focus!

It did look a bit precarious when someone jumped out and levered the front wheels over and the points to stop it falling into the 'V'...guess that the issue of using finescale wheels on standard track!:rolleyes:

Incidentally the replica railcar is built on a genuine Ford T chassis and was the brainchild of the local farmer who built it and has since gone on to construct a short line (with halt) to run it on at his farm near Wressle in East Yorkshire,