Can you identify these locations ?

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Captain Kernow said:
Number 5 looks like either Bow or North Tawton?

Number 6 is definitely Lymington Town.

Number 7 is Yeoford.

Number 8 is definitely Devonport Kings Road (S.R. station).
Thanks Captain :D , I have googled both choices for number 5 & Bow looks like the right one :thumbs:

westernfan

Western Thunderer
hi phill image number 5 is def bow it had a larger station building than north tawton i used to travel the line from oakhampton to exeter st davids from 1969-71 so have you got images of ilfracombe station for your project ?

:wave: chris

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Jordan said:
I hadn't a clue where any of them were/are... :oops: :oops: I'm just enjoying the pictures!!!

(no size issues here, BTW..?)

:D :cool: :wave:
Me too . Great pics Phill, but like Jordan says i too have no idea where these are. :oops: Oh and i'm probably very late on replying :oops: . Still keep sending the pics in mate there great :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

Simon

Flying Squad
Hope you don't mind Phill, but I had to try and do a "then and now" of your street level Bideford photograph on Flickr. We have just got back from a week staying in Bideford and so I had the chance to try and get a closely matched shot.

Here is your absolutely wonderful photograph, looking as I would first have seen it in my youth - although only fleetingly glimpsed from a passing Ford Corsair driven at high speed :x

[attachment=1:3rmc2dtb]PhillBideford.jpg[/attachment:3rmc2dtb]

And here is the same view last week, you can still see the concrete bases for the timber work of the demolished canopy in odd places.

[attachment=0:3rmc2dtb]Bideford10.jpg[/attachment:3rmc2dtb]

What a difference!

Attachments

• PhillBideford.jpg
    PhillBideford.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Bideford10.jpg
    Bideford10.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 19
  • PhillBideford.jpg
    PhillBideford.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 19