BUSES ~ Model and prototype...

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Had a go at mixing results not too bad but could be better. I noticed you had some drawings and wondered if you knew where to get drawings for Oldham Corporation Roe bodied Atlanteans.
I cannot help I'm afraid. A pal was told to go through the desks and take what he wanted seeing as it would probably be thrown out by SELNEC once they took over the old corporation garages. We had to beware of the drawings as they were by tendered by bus body builders who obviously wanted to be awarded contracts for new buses. Roe was the dominant body at Oldham and English Electric made their drawing look very Roe in outline! In fact the EE bodies that were delivered were outdated six-bay bodies with upperdeck 'V' piano front, but this might have been as a result of Oldham getting them at a discount.

Last edited:
A

Arun

I would suggest membership of the Model Bus Federation - They have no shortage of members with collections of arcane bus GAs in a variety of scales.

Lincman

I cannot help I'm afraid. A pal was told to go through the desks and take what he wanted seeing as it would probably be thrown out by SELNEC once they took over the old corporation garages. We had to beware of the drawings as they were by tendered by bus body builders who obviously wanted to be awarded contracts for new buses. Roe was the dominant body at Oldham and English Electric made their drawing look very Roe in outline! In fact the EE bodies that were delivered were outdated six-bay bodies with upperdeck 'V' piano front, but this might have been as a result of Oldham getting them at a discount.
Hi Larry
Thanks for the info, will keep trying.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I purchased this bus in 1972 and did some work on the bodywork before fully repainting it in the early 1950's SHMD livery of dark olive green and cream. Friend David Beilby worked on the engine. I'm not sure who took this photo now, although I remember he was a friend of David. The latter purchased No. 61 off me in 1975. It is good to see it on the road...
WEB SHMD 61 B.jpg

The bad and the good news....
WEB SHMD 61 .jpg

Last edited:

Bagpuss

Western Thunderer
Shame, over this way beyond your sphere of knowledge we had some interesting vehicles you might have liked...….
View attachment 120638
Shame, over this way beyond your sphere of knowledge we had some interesting vehicles you might have liked...….
View attachment 120638

I remember the East Yorkshire Buses back in the 6os and 70s we had no bus station so Saturday marker was used as the bus station.
I see in the photo is also one of Cherries buses they use to run some local town services. Also one of the famous Beverley Bar busses.
Dad was a driver for East Yorkshire, so sometimes when not at school I use to go and join him in the spare Bus it doubled as the rest room.