British Finescale B7 Turnout Kits to P4 Standards

Jeremy Good

Western Thunderer
Over the last 12 months or so the Scalefour Society Committee have been liaising with Wayne Kinney at British Finescale about the possibility of the production of turnout kits to P4 standards. I am pleased to be able to confirm that the first fruits of this discussion will be available to purchase in early July.

The initial release will be a B7 turnout kit and this will be available to purchase via the Scalefour Stores or direct from British Finescale. The price will be in the region of £23 per kit.

The kits follow the now established format of the British Finescale range. They incorporate a 3D printed sleeper base incorporating printed chairs and locators for the nose of the turnout, the wing rails and switch rails. The rails forming the nose of the crossing and the switch rails are machined. The kits utilize nickel silver bullhead rail. A printed tie-bar and operating pins are also included. The kits require little soldering except for electrical connectivity and gaps are provided in the printed base to facilitate this.

We hope that the kits will prove popular amongst our members and others modelling to P4 standards but also to allow those thinking about modelling in P4 to give it a try it out before committing to the finer standards of P4 modelling. We have discussed the possibility of providing some alternative configurations of turnout and crossings in due course but these will be largely dependent on whether or not the initial offerings sell well.

We expect them to be in stock soon and available to purchase in the next few days.

We hope that this development proves useful and perhaps inspires a few more P4 layouts to be built.

Jeremy Good

WM183

Western Thunderer
This is perfect! I'm all thumbs at building track. I better get my application form off to you folks today.

D6356

Western Thunderer
I am sure members will be able to assemble many points, I have built N gauge versions, The double slip is a marvel.
happy modelling!
Robert

John Duffy

Western Thunderer
Makes perfect sense for the Society to develop these. I suspect many who are starting in P4 do so as a progression from other scales and gauges and this seems like a fine idea to encourage that.

I wonder if some form of competition, like the 1883 idea, would get people thinking about how they might use these?

John

Last edited: