Brick walls from Styrofoam

adrian

Flying Squad
Now here's a thing Apple users, YouTube videos and links work fine on other XenForo forums (the forum software that WT uses) but they all appear to be running much more recent versions of the Xenforo software. I wrote to @adrian earlier. Hopefully he'll be along to add his knowledge at some time.
Hi, I have been investigating and yes it does seem that the latest Safari updates have broken the system for some users. The latest updates to the Safari browser have clamped down on security issues, trying to protect the users from external security threats. On the current forum software version videos from sources like Vimeo are placed in a special inline frame which can be sandboxed and thus still work okay. For some reason the youTube videos are not placed in this restricted zone and thus the latest Safari browser simply refuses to display them. I have tried to disable the protection and tried to get the youTube video links in the protected iframe but to no avail.

The newer versions of the forum software place the youTube videos in an iframe and are thus okay. So I have been looking at upgrading but it's all the uncertainty, taking it offline and working on the principle that if "it ain't broke don't fix it". Unfortunately it appears now that it is broke and it does need fixing. The new version of the software is not as well supported with a couple of features I like so I will investigate the current state of what is available and look to updating the software soon. So my apologies for my delay in replying however there are a few nice features with the newer versions which I think members will like so I'll run a few tests and see about sorting out the update in the next month or so.

Regards

Adrian

daifly

Western Thunderer
The new version of the software is not as well supported with a couple of features I like so I will investigate the current state of what is available and look to updating the software soon. So my apologies for my delay in replying however there are a few nice features with the newer versions which I think members will like so I'll run a few tests and see about sorting out the update in the next month or so.
Adrian
Do you think we might also 'lose' the irritating restriction of YouTube playing only in a small window on this site at the same time? Again, this restriction does not seem to occur on other Xenforo fora.
Cheers
Dave