NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all.

Thank you all for your contributions and kind words.

Rob.
a4fe5a12-46db-40dd-a326-9530c37e5647-02.jpeg

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
And I hope santa brings ewe done nice pressies and you have the time and inclination to complete the new layout. I trust 7mm stock is on your Christmas list...

I thank you, Pencarrers.. I have a plan. .........but 7mm does figure in matters later in the year. Lambstock or Baacoombe. ..who can tell...but I have an order in for a couple of 14xx....says the non-Western man.........er.......Sheep.....blokel

And to you Rob.

I really like your layout, and the photography is fantastic!

Paul you are very kind. Thank you. Your modelling is very inspirational indeed.

Rob.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Hi Peter.

I do like the idea of the Dapol Terrier in 'South Western livery.

However if Dapol were to announce either a B4 or a Beattie Well tank, then either would appeal.

An O2 would be even nicer of course.

I do see a small 7mm layout emerging at some point.
For those who may remember, a 7mm version of Sheep Lane would be nice.

That said, there are some very nice locos on the horizon in 4mm. The most eagerly awaited is the ex-Midland 1P from Bachmann. It looks to be a stunner and essential for Bleat Wharf.
There's also some lovely rolling stock with a couple of nice brake vans from Hornby literally just around the corner.

I've said before, I have a few ideas left to do. Just time and the space to store them is preventing progress.

Oh.....and money........

Rob

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Happy New Year all bleaters.

A few tweaks are being made. Primarily these are revolving around the presentation. However, taking note of Tim's splendid additions to Bethesda, a few details may be added if time allows.

A job which was not forseen was the replacement of the backscene. An errant blob of oil/grease has appeared from somewhere. Right in plain sight. Hopefully a quick jobbie but one I could have done without so close ťo Edington.

Rob.

Sully

Rob, a piece of curved bar (like a staple!) suitable weatherd would do for the hook tether.

We have quite a few old cranes hereabouts, all of the hooks are secured this way rather than swinging in the breeze.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Rob, a piece of curved bar (like a staple!) suitable weatherd would do for the hook tether.

We have quite a few old cranes hereabouts, all of the hooks are secured this way rather than swinging in the breeze.

Cheers Neil.

I've since taken a bit of a lazy option and added a bit of chain.

I'll get the Small Cardiff show out of the way and look for a more prototypical solution.

Rob.
20200103_101838-02.jpeg

Western Thunderer
Rob, the wooden hut in the background looks great, what colours and weathering did you use on it, powders I assume?
Cheers
Tony