Beginners OO 1950's Banff

Ian N

As all the pictures you have posted have been interesting, and the modelling is exquisite, I for one would vote for more…

But as to not putting an interior in your signal box…. Well, dreadful, just not cricket!

:))
I agree. It's nice occasionally to work on something relatively simple and quick to finish, and there will be times in the future when you take photos from the non-viewing area when the lens can see into the signal box,

Ian N

The original Airfix series 1 Spitfire kit from @50+ years ago with 20 or so parts, built with the impatient of a pre-teenager!

But that'll go far, too far, off topic!

cheers

Martin Shaw

Western Thunderer
Of course, there's no "o" in GNSR!
It depends on context of usage. When painted on the side of a vehicle I would agree that the "of" was absent, as was the "R" on goods vehicles, however formally as reference to the company and most certainly legally, and I include the various acts of parliament enabling the railway in the first place, it is present and somewhat necessary for language purposes.
Martin

Last edited:

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
It depends on context of usage. When painted on the side of a vehicle I would agree that the "of" was absent, as was the "R" on goods vehicles, however formally as reference to the company and most certainly legally and I include the various acts of parliament enabling the railway in the first place, it is present and somewhat necessary for language purposes.
Martin
Equally the Glasgow and South Western Railway is correctly shortened to G&SWR except by sloppy enthusiasts who miss out the apmpersand and cause confusion with the Great Southern and Western Railway!
Ian

aardvark

The main signalbox windows cut out, assembled, painted and glazed.

P1170945.JPG.c70aa2a02b15f8895b30a879a1cd8eb0.jpg

P1170997.JPG.fbe0d7484487161b7f2afe8a21152bce.jpg

P1170998.JPG.0e0949770559be554b87eba5779d3a04.jpg

This is pretty much the same as previously, except this time I cut the window frames from 0.5mm plasticard. The two spare bits of glazing are for the windows on the enclosure at the top of the stairs, which will be cut later from 0.25mm as befits the flimsier construction.