Arduino sketch for bouncing signals.

paratom

Western Thunderer
Just wondering if anyone out there has written an Arduino sketch for bouncing signals and would be willing to share it. If not I will have to create one which I will post here.

simond

Western Thunderer
I did, and was rather disappointed. I then flittered off to do something else, and never picked it up again - too easily distracted!

I hope you have more success than I did, and look forward to trying it out!

PaxtonP4

Western Thunderer
MERG has very nice and realistic bounce software for their servo drivers. All adjustable to give what you want. There is also a Random element so as not to give the same bounce every time.

That said signals don't bounce as much as people generally think they do - especially Lower quadrant.

Last edited:

SouthernFan Ian

Western Thunderer
That said signals don't bounce as much as people generally think they do - especially Lower quadrant
That said, I’m installing lower quadrants on Stroudley Park. Railway modelling friends of mine seem to think lower quadrant signals bounce when returned to danger. I have no experience of this or seen it first hand. Me expectation, and it is an expectation, is they would bounce when dropped to clear.
Is there a definitive opinion please?
I’d hate to get it wrong and have to re-set all my semaphores. Thank you for any help.
Regards ,
Ian