Anybody going to Ally Pally?

Arun Sharma

Western Thunderer
I'll be on the DEMU stand on the Saturday though I possibly won't have completed building the Routemaster by then - However it will be there as a work in progress!

Last edited:

simond

Western Thunderer
<< off topic / ON>>

I suggested to MrsD this wild idea of a weekend away in Harrogate, primarily to see Heaton Lodge Junction.

But for the two of us to get the train there, two nights in an hotel, and tickets for the show was going to cost two panniers or a Heljan diesel.

shame, one day.

Richard Gawler

Western Thunderer
I will go to Ally Pally on Sunday. Hopefully to look at the layouts, I didn't leave time to see any of them at Kettering.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
I would like to go to Ally Pally however Train Operating Companies still have strikes (RMT) announced with reduced or no train services.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Thanks Dave. I'm intending to go, probably on Saturday, as long as I can get there by train. I believe it'll be OK to drive to Ally Pally without having to pay a carbon tax of some sort but I'm really unsure about that so I'll use the train - as long as they are running.

Brian

sjp23480

I have a ticket for Sunday, Mrs SJP will be visiting her Mum up the road whilst I excuse myself.

The last expo of this size/stature I attended was IMREX back in the last century - so looking forward to seeing how things have moved on!

:)

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I have a ticket for Sunday, Mrs SJP will be visiting her Mum up the road whilst I excuse myself.

The last expo of this size/stature I attended was IMREX back in the last century - so looking forward to seeing how things have moved on!

:)
I vaguely remember IMREX, and have nothing but very fond memories, however I would have been quite young. I would still like to know what happened to the giant Gauge 1 layout - the one with all the telephones.

I have no idea what the trader to layout ratio was at IMREX, but there is a pretty large box shifter presence and the Ally Pally show, but I guess they gotta pay for it somewhow..

JB.

Susie

Western Thunderer
I'll be on the MRC Demon stand on the Saturday, and the S Scale MRS stand on the Sunday.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I'll be on the MRC Demon stand on the Saturday, and the S Scale MRS stand on the Sunday.
Hi Susie,

Hoping you would be there for a chat. Praying that Fred will have a little more patience this year. Maybe we’ll come and chat whilst we’re having our lunch.

JB.